Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't find a thread similar to this one so if you know of one point me in the right direction.

I have a '95 Jeep Wrangler YJ 2.5l and my AC hasn't worked in a very long time. My AC has always been doors off or windows down but would like to get it fixed. My heat works fine but the air just pumped out hot air. Any ideas on where i need to go from here?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the same problem....but my 95 has R12 in it....am going to switch to this

Enviro-Safe Refrigerants - RefrigerantGuy.com ~ The Refrigerant Guy

will have to change service ports to R134A and most likely replace "O" rings. There is still refrigerant in the system and compressor starts so I know it has not reached a low pressure cutout point yet. will have to have an auto shop evacuate the old R12 for me first. this is an easy fix if you have the know how. If the compressor comes on ck the the top of the sight glass on the receiver/ dryer to see if you can see liquid and or bubbles in it. the bubbles indicate a low charge....no liquid and no compressor start indicates an empty system and most likely will need a new compressor. AXC systems need to be run often to keep the seals good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts