Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I have researched this for the last 6 weeks. When I bought my TJ it worked fine. Signed the paperwork, picked my wife up and the air started only working on the setting next to high.

I thought it might be the blower resistor that I had read about but why would it work only in 3? I changed it this morning and it didnt change a thing (except a bad back).

The guy at the stealership said if that didnt work it must be the switch. I find it odd that 1, 2 and 4 would go out in this scenario.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Ok the circuit is as follows Control head to the blower resistors to the blower motor, the blower relay is behind the blower motor and its only function on this system it turning on or off power to the motor when hit with a small voltage if this was out your motor shouldnt work at all. Since The system only operates on level 3 and you replaced the resistors as far as the schematic shows the only things in common with those 3 is the control head in the dash, the plug that connects to the rear of the control head and connector C205, The connector number c205 you see on the schematic is suppose to be behind the left kick panel and is light green.

Heres a copy of the schematic for you to see what I am talking about
Hope it helps

View attachment 564

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man, you are awesome. I went out to the TJ, removed the glove box, reached back and wiggled the connector and the other speeds started working.

The down side is its very touchy. Now I have to ask, is it the plug or the control unit. I have it working on High right now and in Texas that is the only setting I need.

Thanks so much for your time. This forum rocks.:) :) :)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Its the plug more then likely, The connections are probably corroded or oxidized. Worn plugs are rare unless they were brutalized by a mech working under the dash. I would clean the connector pins and the matching pins on the head. Use an electrical component cleaner check over the plug and see if the plastic is damaged in any way. To clean the plug I would use an old toothbrush then blow it dry after finished If needed you can also expand the pins in the plug to make the connection better. The best way to do this is take the beauty cover off the front and remove the head Then you will have full access to the whole system.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
This is a pretty basic blower schematic so yes it should be the same for an 02. If level 1 and 2 are not working, the most common problem is the blower relays/connections to the relays. Bigjeep also has a great point, the switch in the head and the connection to the head are also possibilities. If you have an ohm/volt check the voltage going into the relays and out of the relays to see if they is output ans input, they narrow it down from there.

hope it helps
Odhinn

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've lost all of the fan from 1 to 4, nothing works, I think the blower is completely out. I have a 97 Wrangler, any suggestions?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.