Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I leave my iPhone charger plugged into AC outlet inside armrest does it shutdown when vehicle is off & locked? Or continue to run and drain on battery?

Thanks!

·
Registered
546 Posts
on Jeeps...if the outlet cover has a picture of a key on it then it is only on when the Key is on...otherwise it is always on...the outlet in the console is always on
Cameron

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yep, always on. I have one of those cigarette light adapters with a blue led and it works as a good light inside the console.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
I'm wondering how you manage to get AC power even when the Jeep is running!

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Do you mean the 12-volt DC "cigarette lighter" plug in the center console or the 120 volt AC household plug on the front of it that is an option of some Wranglers?

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
The AC inverter outlet (an option not on all JKs) has to be turned on by pushing the switch on the dash switch panel below the climate control knobs. IIRC, it will turn off when the Jeep is off and you open the door, or after the delay time you have set if the door is not opened.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Do you mean the 12-volt DC "cigarette lighter" plug in the center console or the 120 volt AC household plug on the front of it that is an option of some Wranglers?
The AC inverter outlet (an option not on all JKs) has to be turned on by pushing the switch on the dash switch panel below the climate control knobs. IIRC, it will turn off when the Jeep is off and you open the door, or after the delay time you have set if the door is not opened.
He referenced "inside the console." Isn't that always just another DC "cigarette lighter" outlet?

At least in our GC, the 120v power inverter is only available for the back seat, although as you mention, it is controlled by an on/off switch in the front, lower central dash area.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone, was curious after I left phone plugged during hockey game. Came outside and it was miraculously charged. Wasn't sure if I lost my mind, the car was broken, or I was unaware of power feature.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Thanks everyone, was curious after I left phone plugged during hockey game. Came outside and it was miraculously charged. Wasn't sure if I lost my mind, the car was broken, or I was unaware of power feature.
Looks like it was the 12-volt. The OP just referred to it as AC so I wanted to make sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts