Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a little trouble with the AC on my 02 TJ. Not that I use it much, but it useful for when I am driving longer distances with the top up. My problem is that the # 1 and 2 speeds on my AC do not work. Speed 3 and 4 work great, but nothing blows at 1 and 2. I searched through several threads to try and figure out a solution, but was finding so much different info. I tried turning the heat on, and the heat works fine at all speeds. That made me think that it might not be the resistor. What do y'all think? If it is just the blower resistor, then is that just a 30-40 buck part at the local auto store? Thanks in advance for any help! Trying to get it figured out before a long trip this weekend!

·
Registered
465 Posts
If the heat works at all speeds, then I would think it's something besides the resistor. If it is the resistor, then yes it's an $30-$40 part. Installs behind the glove compartment.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the heat works at all speeds, then I would think it's something besides the resistor. If it is the resistor, then yes it's an $30-$40 part. Installs behind the glove compartment.
Any ideas what it could be then?

·
Registered
101 Posts
You have a bad resistor. Same exact thing my 06 was doing. Heat or A/C setting is not going to impact the blower speed so I think you are mistaken about that part of it. Amazon Mopar resistor is about $20.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have a bad resistor. Same exact thing my 06 was doing. Heat or A/C setting is not going to impact the blower speed so I think you are mistaken about that part of it. Amazon Mopar resistor is about $20.
You were right. I must have imagined it. Switched out the resistor today, and everything is back to normal! Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts