Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in florida, air is a big thing. When i first got the jeep the air blew only on the 3/4 setting. Didn't blow cold. Easy, some freon and it was perfect. About two months ago the 3rd setting went. And about a month ago the last setting went. I replaced the blower motor. Did nt fix the problem. So i replaced the blower motor resistor... I think. It was fixed. However a weeek ago the air stopped blowing. What do i do?!?!? I am out of ideas, the tubes are getting cool, just no air is blowing at all hot or cold.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Fuse, resistor, blower motor, the switches them selves. This is a very common issue. Pull the center part of the dash out and make sure none of the switches have melted. Check the fan speed switch and hvac control thoroughly

·
Registered
210 Posts
Will it work on high only or no settings, do at setting work? Does ur heater work? And if so does ur heater work on all settings? Does the AC work when ya just normal not in the ice cold setting?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Mine started out with the 4th fan speed going. Then the first. A/c and heat both the same. Regardless. I'd check the switches. If you have a volt meter. Check at the switches and at the blower motor and see where you are and aren't getting power.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lapis_blue said:
Will it work on high only or no settings, do at setting work? Does ur heater work? And if so does ur heater work on all settings? Does the AC work when ya just normal not in the ice cold setting?
No settings work. It isnt the ac or heater, the reason being is that no air is being blown what so ever. I have looked into getting a new panel ( like the three knobs for air speed, tem, and where air is blown.) The only thing keeping me from doing it is that it is $100 and the only thing i think is broken is the air speed switch...

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Mine started out with the 4th fan speed going. Then the first. A/c and heat both the same. Regardless. I'd check the switches. If you have a volt meter. Check at the switches and at the blower motor and see where you are and aren't getting power.
x1. Pull and check your fan control switch. They are known to melt due to the amperage draw of the blower motor. Even though it's been replaced, I would go ahead and run your blower straight to 12v to make sure it's not a dead blower versus bad wiring at the blower motor location. If those 2 check out fine, I would swap resistor if it has a limited lifetime warranty(usually does through autozone).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts