Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully someone has an answer. Problem is air blows cold at idle but not when accelerating and at cruise. Checked for vacuum leaks and dash controls operate correctly, (defrost, floor, etc.). Checked refrigerant, gage shows in upper green. Don't know where to go from here. Any and all help is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Not quite sure what you mean, are you blowing warm air at cruise or is the vent switching at cruise

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Air blows cold with good volume at idle. When reaching around 40 mph the volume decreases and the air goes from cold to barely cool and stays until back to low rpm. Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
15,688 Posts
Vacuum leak as vacuum controls air routing and at idle lots of intake vacuum to overcome leak but as throttle body opens intake vacuum drops and a leak or bad check valve lets vacuum saved in canister piss away as air enters the canister

·
Registered
45 Posts
Rig?

What kind of a rig are you running? Do you have any other mysterious issues like the cruise control will not work at speed? Does the vent selector work at idle as well as at speed?

Often times a vacuum issue will also cause other things to stop working.

On my 05 LJ the cruise and the vent selector would not work. The PO changed the battery just before I purchased it and broke the vacuum line which is routed behind the battery. I could not see the break and (thanks to this forum) had to remove the bat to find it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts