Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 TJ. My AC had only one speed when I bought it, after reading on the forum, I decided to replace the resistor. It worked for a short time. Now, I'm back to one speed. I checked my switches and wiring, they looked good. I have ordered a new resistor and was also going to replace my blower. Any other suggestions on what may be the problem? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
In my experience with two wranglers, and a good bit of research I am of the belief that the worn out blower motor is the general cause of the switch failure via overload. I'm NOT and electrical wizard though. I replaced the blower motor on my 99 along with the switch and resistor pack. I used a factory mopar blower motor after returning the cheaper version I bought from rockauto, the thing was garbage and the fan barrel wobbled all over the place. On my '06 I simply replaced the resistor pack and have had no issues. In fact, I can't recall if one speed on my blower motor was what was initially wrong or if it didn't work at all anymore. When I pulled the switches out the back was visibly melted. Good luck resolving it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts