Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
two weeks ago I bought a new big bear JK 2017. This is my first automatic since 04 which I had an LJ. I work 30 miles away from the house and hit 75 easy but in town the jeep feels much different. From a stop and accelerating to around 15 mph I let off the gas it feels like it tries to want to slow itself down. I go to around 30 mph and it feels the same way. It doesn't lunge forward when I let off the pedal or anything I just feel like I have to hit the pedal harder while accelerating till I get to around 55 mph. I'm hoping this is just normal from a new engine. All my other cars have been sticks so a new auto is new to me. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Totally normal letting off the gas. Tire style/tread and gearing, these things do not roll to good at all when not on the gas. They slow down quite a bit. Relax and enjoy you're Bear!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I think that part of what you are experiencing is in the jeeps programing. My stock '15 Willys likes to slow down when I let off the gas. Even a 70 heading for the off-ramp in the freeway it feels like I just dropped down a gear. In the 10 ~ 15 range it feels like I'm still in 2nd when I used to let off the gas on my manual TJ. I've often wished the jeep automatic's tap-shift worked like a Ford F250 does, so that I could watch it run through the gears as I travel and better understand how it 'thinks'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts