Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When accelerating (usually in 2nd gear) my jeep lags kind of...it's hard to explain but when I accelerating my it like stops accelerating and freezes at about 2,000 rpms. I have to let off the gas and go again until it starts to accelerate again.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
What RPM are you shifting out of first gear?

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
I got my jeep in August and haven't changed them so whenever the PO changed them last
Alright. How many miles on the Jeep? I would pull and check the plugs and the gaps. When plugs start to go bad, you will sometimes start to feel a lag in the accelerator. Also a drop in fuel economy is also usually a result. It's no gurantee the reason for your problem, but it's a simple task that can either identify or help narrow down probable causes.

Also check your air filter. I don't know when you last cleaned it, but a clogged/dirty filter never helps performance

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright. How many miles on the Jeep? I would pull and check the plugs and the gaps. When plugs start to go bad, you will sometimes start to feel a lag in the accelerator. Also a drop in fuel economy is also usually a result. It's no gurantee the reason for your problem, but it's a simple task that can either identify or help narrow down probable causes.

Also check your air filter. I don't know when you last cleaned it, but a clogged/dirty filter never helps performance
It has 143,000 miles

Come to think of it, my jeep has also been struggling to start

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
It has 143,000 miles

Come to think of it, my jeep has also been struggling to start
Like what jquinn said, assume the PO didn't do regular maintenance and he was a POS. Pull those plugs and take a good look at them, sometimes all you need to do is just wipe them down a little and viola! But my guess it that they are bad and it might be time to replace.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts