Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 JKU w/ the standard power port in the center console. I would like to use one of the Quadratec wiring kits to tap into that power port. How do I get to the backside of that port w/o destroying it? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
The console comes apart, or fully comes out. There are some YouTube videos out there that show you how. You might only have to pull the trim around the shifter/ transfer case. I believe most of the wiring comes through that area. Might depend on what you are trying to do also.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The console comes apart, or fully comes out. There are some YouTube videos out there that show you how. You might only have to pull the trim around the shifter/ transfer case. I believe most of the wiring comes through that area. Might depend on what you are trying to do also.
The videos I found show removing the top/ cup holder section. I need to access the back side of the power port that is inside the storage compartment.

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am trying to add the qtec wiring harness to the back of the power port in the console. The directions on the site only show for the dash power port.

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
I am trying to add the qtec wiring harness to the back of the power port in the console. The directions on the site only show for the dash power port.
Well that console comes out. I assume it is somewhat hollow from the bottom. If you're going to get in there that is the way. I think there are only like 4 bolts to get it out.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well that console comes out. I assume it is somewhat hollow from the bottom. If you're going to get in there that is the way. I think there are only like 4 bolts to get it out.
I think there is a way to access it w/o removing g the whole thing. I thought I saw it. Just can't find it now.
Only issue with removing whole thing is removing shift knobs.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the input guys. I found the thread I mentioned...
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/center-console-usb-power-outlet-add-939361.html

This panel pops off:

And should allow me to unplug the power port wires and attach the Qt adapter... I'll then pop that top piece off in the video and route the wires.

BTW, if I pull the knob off the transfer case will it go back on or is it a 1 time install item? (Will it brake when I pull it off?)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for all the input guys. I found the thread I mentioned... http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/center-console-usb-power-outlet-add-939361.html This panel pops off: And should allow me to unplug the power port wires and attach the Qt adapter... I'll then pop that top piece off in the video and route the wires. BTW, if I pull the knob off the transfer case will it go back on or is it a 1 time install item? (Will it brake when I pull it off?)
I've taken my console off before, no issues removing the 4wd shifter knob, just pull straight up, the trans knob doesn't need to come off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts