Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No mods but I enlarge the bolt hole on driver side upper right and upper bolt hole left hand side. Passenger side made it real easy then. I had factory fog lights will fit in nice had to drill out the holes a little on the fog lights mounting brackets to use aces screws which work great.

·
Registered
232 Posts
So you didnt have to do any of this for your front bumper?

From Ace:
Here is what we typically do for the pump re-locate for our bumpers. Here are a few pics during the process. We remove the factory welded threaded studs and use new hardware to mount pump on the opposite side of the factory pump bracket. This lowers the pump about 2 inches giving enough room for bumper clearance.

Also trim the crash bar bracket in two spots. These brackets have changed over the years and are not always the same. Here is a pic below the tape we trim to keep a even height with the cross bar.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No mine does not the pump it's a 2007. I think the 2012 is the start of the pump being in the way

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Very nice! I'm installing my Ace rails this weekend, can't wait!

Those bumpers look really nice too. Any chance you could post a couple more photos of the front maybe at a slight angle without the lights on?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Jeep looks great. Can you give a little more info and pictures of the front bumper? Looking to do mods, I have a 2008 same color.

481 Posts
So you didnt have to do any of this for your front bumper?

From Ace:
Here is what we typically do for the pump re-locate for our bumpers. Here are a few pics during the process. We remove the factory welded threaded studs and use new hardware to mount pump on the opposite side of the factory pump bracket. This lowers the pump about 2 inches giving enough room for bumper clearance.

Also trim the crash bar bracket in two spots. These brackets have changed over the years and are not always the same. Here is a pic below the tape we trim to keep a even height with the cross bar.
The extra metal on the crash bar started showing up in the '11s. Anything earlier than that and you don't have to remove any material. I believe the vacuum pump relo is only on the '12s.

Also, if you start in the upper right hand corner, facing the jeep / driver side, and then do bottom left hand corner, facing the jeep / passenger side, all the other bolts should fit in without any extra drilling. I found a pipe just smaller than the holes and a 5lb hammer helped moving it around as I tightened up the bolts. I would also suggest getting some grade 8 hardware for the nuts and bolts on the front bumper.

481 Posts
I got them all on!!!!!I uploaded some pictures hope they turn out. Ace sure makes nice stuff. !!!!!
Very nice. Looking at your rig just makes me jealous. I should have gone with the Rubi. Love the deep cherry red.

How was the winch and lights install?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts