Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was seriously looking at the ACE Engineering rock sliders for my JKU Willys... but none of the usual online vendors carry them anymore? Anybody know the deal with these? Do they only sell direct now? I plan to give them a call, but wanted to ask if anyone has had these and how their experience has been...

Cheers!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Was seriously looking at the ACE Engineering rock sliders for my JKU Willys... but none of the usual online vendors carry them anymore? Anybody know the deal with these? Do they only sell direct now? I plan to give them a call, but wanted to ask if anyone has had these and how their experience has been...

Cheers!
That is interesting, agreed. It does look like they are selling direct to end consumers now.

I have a set on my JKUR and I love them. Built solidly and just wide enough to use as a step. Get a pair, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The vendor I bought mine from no longer carries them. Looks like it may be direct sales only now.

I like them. If you actually use them plan on doing some maintenance once a year or so. The powder coat is weak and every scratch will rust horribly. I run mud tires and the powder coat on the front of the rails is completely gone from the tires throwing rocks. My wife uses them as a step and the powder coat on top of the rail beside drivers door disappeared pretty fast just from her stepping on them.

They are strong. I've leaned the Jeep hard on them many times and haven't bent one. I even use them to pivot the Jeep around stuff.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I have a set that I got from Northridge back when they sold through vendors. I love the Ace stuff but their shipping is ridiculous. I won't even look at their products anymore because you can get other brands that are just as well built from vendors with free shipping. I would look at the rock hard patriot sliders for one. American made and can get them from multiple vendors shipped free. IMHO

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
ACE Rockers

Funny you should ask. I just emailed them a few days ago about their sliders. I did not check on shipping but their prices were more in my range let's say :) Here's the response:

Nick Ellis <[email protected]>
Sat, Sep 7, 11:48 AM (2 days ago)
to me

David,

Our bolt-on sliders are more than enough protection for nearly anything you can throw at them. We've run level 9 and 10 trails in Moab with them without issue.

Thank you,

Nick Ellis
Marketing Director
ACE Engineering
Office: 586-806-6641 x229
[email protected]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the great responses...
I was hoping to have something to pair with the OE Rubi-rails I have now... which is what brought me to the ACE product... and I like that look. I agree the shipping is high... over $73.00 to ship to me in Northern Minnesota... so I’d be over $600 all in.... I do like the Rock Hard rails, so I will research them some more and go from there.

I appreciate all the great info from everyone!

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
I know there is a lot of love for the Ace sliders, but I went with Baricade from ET.

When I was shopping a year ago, there were a couple of threads comparing the two. Basically it came down to personal preference. Ace cross supports are at a 90 and barricade are at a 45 I believe.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I went with Barricades as well. I thought I wanted Aces but at double the price I couldn’t justify the extra. I put them on this weekend and am very happy.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,710 Posts
I’ve had ACE sliders for 4 years now. I beat the crap out of them on rocks every summer, they’re holding well. A coat of bedliner once a year takes care of the rust.
I had them with the rubi rails for 3 years, good combo. Have the rubi rails off now; the ACE flex more without them but still hold well. Good product.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts