Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered ACE bumpers and sliders from Krawl Off Road. Thanks Jason for all your help. Next on the list, RK lift and Bilsteins!!!

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Jason and ACE are both AWESOME!! Great service, great prices as well. I just recently installed my ACE rear bumper/tire carrier I bought from Jason.

·
Registered
433 Posts
ACE is awesome. I was at there shop last week in Michigan to have bumpers/sliders/fenders installed. I dealt with AJ and he's an awesome dude. I felt bad though as I had the jeep rust proofed a few weeks prior so apparently it was an oily install.

They did an awesome job on the install. Once I get my inners back in I'll post some pics

·
Registered
975 Posts
Jason is a Great Guy to deal with! I ordered my sliders from him yesterday but he said they are two weeks out! At least they have not went up in price yet! Thanks Krawl Off Road!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys, new to the Jeep thing. Just bought a 2013 JK and I am in the process of transforming it from Malibu Barbie Jeep to something respectable. I was able to talk the wife into "steps" for her to get in so I ordered some ACE rock sliders after reading positive reviews on the forum. Next up is a front bumper. Would you recommend looking at ACE for the front bumper too? Stubby or Pro Series? I saw you speaking pretty highly of their bumpers. Any other bumpers I should look at? Any input would be great.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hey guys, new to the Jeep thing. Just bought a 2013 JK and I am in the process of transforming it from Malibu Barbie Jeep to something respectable. I was able to talk the wife into "steps" for her to get in so I ordered some ACE rock sliders after reading positive reviews on the forum. Next up is a front bumper. Would you recommend looking at ACE for the front bumper too? Stubby or Pro Series? I saw you speaking pretty highly of their bumpers. Any other bumpers I should look at? Any input would be great.
I have an Ace Stubby and so far I like it very much. The pro series is a lot lighter, but it sounds like you need to do more modification to the jeep to get it to fit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks guys. I'll check out the JCR bumpers. Sasquatch, do you have any pics with the stubby installed? Was the installation process pretty easy with the stubby? I watched the video of the pro series installation and I am certainly not doing that myself. I don't have the tools to do that first off, and I do not trust myself to do any frame modifications.

·
Sponsoring Vendor
4,476 Posts
Thanks for all the kind words guys! Sorry that I am just now seeing this. I dont get out of PM's much!

We are here to work for you guys and do whatever we can to help out! You guys are a great group of our friends and we would not be here without you guys!

Thomas, if you need some help, let us know! We can do it all! Yes, ACE is a great company and one of our best selling brands but there is not much we can't do for a JK!

So, if you guys need anything, please feel free to PM, email ([email protected]) or give us a ring at 864-437-8029! We would be more than happy to help out any way we can...

-Jason

·
Registered
522 Posts
Thanks guys. I'll check out the JCR bumpers. Sasquatch, do you have any pics with the stubby installed? Was the installation process pretty easy with the stubby? I watched the video of the pro series installation and I am certainly not doing that myself. I don't have the tools to do that first off, and I do not trust myself to do any frame modifications.
The Stubby install was fun and required a handful of mods. Minor relocation of the vacuum pump, minor trimming of the crash bar, enlarging the screw holes on the fog lamps, and filing down two small plastic tabs on the fog lamp lenses.

Vacuum pump relocation is required with a lot of aftermarket bumpers, but there are a handful that don't need it. It was pretty easy once I understood what needed to be done. The pump is mounted on top of a bracket, and the bolts that are on the bracket are welded to it. I unbolted the pump, and cut the bolts off of the bracket with an angle grinder using a thin cutting wheel. Very easy to do. The tool cost about $20 with the wheel from Harbor Freight, plus I needed one to install my Ace Rock Rails anyway. Then once the pump was removed and the bolts were cut off from the bracket, I installed the pump to the underside of the bracket with new bolts.

With a little guidance from the forum, Jason, & AJ, trimming the crash bar was very easy using the angle grinder & cutting wheel.

The Ace mounting hardware was too big for the holes in the stock fog lamps, so I just drilled the holes out in the lamps to enlarge them a bit. Also, the fog lamp lenses have two little plastic tabs on them that prevent them from sitting perfectly flush in the bumper fog lamp holes. I filed the tabs down and then they fit perfectly.

Here is my install thread with some pictures:
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/ace-front-stubby-bumper-install-s-195672.html

Here is another install thread that was very helpful for me:
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/ace-trifecta-almost-191387.html

·
Registered
11 Posts
Very slick sasquatch. I just installed my ACE rock sliders this afternoon. I really like the look of that stubby bull bumper. I'm sold on the ACE trifecta now. I noticed you mentioned getting it lifted because you were getting some significant sag with all the new hardware. I still have stock tires and no lift. I was pretty well decided on the 2.5" lift so I wouldn't have to mess with the drivetrain but with all this extra weight I'm wondering if I should go more... How much of a lift do you have on yours right now?

·
Registered
522 Posts
No lift on the jeep yet, but I have a Rock Krawler 2.5" flex kit almost ready to go on. I just ordered the missing pieces (shocks, spring clips, exhaust spacers) from Jason today. Some people have gotten 3-4" lift out of the RK coils, but I figured with all of the Ace weight that I should be on the low end of that around 2.5-3". I think a quality 2.5" coil lift will probably be just fine even with weight. I'm only running 33" tires, so I don't necessarily need the full 2.5" out of the lift.

·
Sponsoring Vendor
4,476 Posts
LOL yes you did! And thank you. Still tring to get caught up...

The RK lifts hold the weight of the ACE VERY WELL! We runn the ACE Stubby with tall stinger, ACE Narrow Fenders, and ACE Sliders along with a ton of other weight. We run the RK 2.5 Max Travel and it works great! Here is a picture:

-Jason

·
Registered
16 Posts
i just installed my ACE rails and the JCR bumper is off at the powdercoaters, very pleased with the results so far and I have to recommend both ACE for their excellent work and Jason over at Krawl, very helpful and a pleasure to do business with.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
KrawlOff-Road.com said:
LOL yes you did! And thank you. Still tring to get caught up...

The RK lifts hold the weight of the ACE VERY WELL! We runn the ACE Stubby with tall stinger, ACE Narrow Fenders, and ACE Sliders along with a ton of other weight. We run the RK 2.5 Max Travel and it works great! Here is a picture:

-Jason
Hey Jason, Are you guys running any spacers up front? I don't want the rake when I install the RK max I'm going to order off you!

·
Sponsoring Vendor
4,476 Posts
No sir. No spacers up front. In person, I dont think our JK has any rake to it. Espcially if you take into account that the rear of the JK has zero weight on it and the front has the HEAVY ACE bumper and a 10K winch! Plus the fenders, sliders, and full skid!

-Jason

1 - 20 of 28 Posts