Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newb Question!

I'm looking to replace the OEM plastic steps on my 2010 JK and have seen a few posts about the Ace rock rails. Are they adequate for someone who isn't planning on doing any serious rock crawling? I've also seen where folks have used them with the Rubi rails...is that necessary or are they just adding extra protection?

Does Ace offer any discounts to forum members?

Thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
They are more than adequate to use in place of the plastic steps. I have them on mine and love them. Using the Rubi rails with the Ace rails isn't necessary, but the Rubi rails fill the gap at the bottom of the Jeep and make it look cleaner.
I haven't heard of any discounts from them, but you might be able to get a deal on them going through one of the forum vendors like Jason at Krawl Off Road.

·
Sponsoring Vendor
4,400 Posts
Awesome! Thanks Chuckr!

Yes we can help you out! Feel free to PM, email, or call at anytime.

Also there are here on our site: ACE Engineering

The ACE Sliders work great. I have the bolt-on on our 2dr JK and the weld-on on our 4Dr JK. The bolt-on work great as a slider and a step! I tell everyone that I use them as a slider and my wife and kids use them as a step!

-Jason

·
Registered
12 Posts
Get em'

Jason is a great guy and Ace rails are the cat's ass. Get a set and never worry about damage to that part of the jeep again. The install is easy. Watch the video, get a jack stand to hold one end up if you don't have a helper and use a grinder to fix the stock washers. The say grind them down but I found it faster to just use the 4.5" angle grinder with a cut off wheel and a vice. I think it took maybe an hour to do the whole thing.

Rock solid mount, looks great on the jeep and a fair price for a quality product! Gotta love that. Damn I sound like a cheerleader or like I own stock in the company... I'm too old and ugly for the cheerleader part and don't make enough money to know how a guy buys stock in the first place... Haha but I know good service and products.

Good luck

Btw, I kept my rubi rails on and it does look better. You can. Find them used pretty cheap...

Brad.

·
Registered
166 Posts
During Memorial weekend in Bridgeport I bent the bracket to the factory running boards, simple enough to straighten out. I figured that if I bent it once it would happen again so it was time to start some more research. After reading that the Ace rock rails worked with Rubi rails I decided to go that route as others have as well. Found take off Rubi rails on Craigslist for $100, removed the factory running boards and installed them, very simple and took about 40 minutes. Today the Ace rock rails arrived so I had the JK waiting, ground down the washers as required, about 15 minutes total.... did I mention that I am a perfectionist? UPS finally showed up and I started the installation, 10 minutes later they were on. The Ace rails are very solid and coupled with the Rubi rails I should not have to worry about denting the rocker panels. I purchased the Ace rails from Krawl off Road, they were great to deal with and shipped the next day, will use them again if I require any additional mods, I like doing business with small Mom and Pop types of places and their prices were in line with the big box stores and service tends to be much better, the delivered cost was $316.85. So in short for a total of $416.85 I have great armor on the sides of the JK and I will not have to be concerned about rocks any longer. Now I can try to sell the factory running boards on Craigslist and reduce the out of pocket cost even further. Here are some pic's for anybody considering taking the same route.......

·
Registered
166 Posts
Will also be getting the ACE rails. Heard nothing but good about them.

@Salty- what edition jeep is that? I noticed the badges and stitching on the seats.
It is the Arctic Edition, it was the color that made my wife want it, if the color was orderable we would have purchased a Rubicon in Winter Chill...

·
Registered
518 Posts
Ace rails are awesome. And they install around the factory Rubicon rails as well.

Get them and don't look back. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was going to get those for my JKU but ended up going with NFab nerf steps. I don't have rocks anywhere near. I really needed a good step to appease the wife after spending the dough on lift, tires, etc... In the pics earlier in the thread it looks like the Ace sliders would've made a perfect step. Doh!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ace rails were the first mod on my '12 JKU, and the first mod on my '13 JKU. Took them off of the '12 (wife's now, and she wanted something with a better step), and put them on the '13.

They still look and work great.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the great info. Sounds like Ace rails are the way to go. Now I need to find a set of used Rubi Rails. Checked Craigs List and not much out there in Virginia right now.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts