Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 2006 jeep wrangler with a rollcage that is tied to the frame via a mount. I would like to add a JKS 1.25 body lift to my jeep safely is it possible to do safely?.

·
Registered
316 Posts
If your roll cage isn't attached to the body you could do it but it would just lower your rc by the bl height assuming it doesn't hit the body when you Jack it up.
Undo your body mounts on one side and loosen the other side, Jack up the body by a inch and see if it clears the cage then you will know for sure.
And in regards to the safety, as long as the inch doesn't make the cage hit your head and it remains unmodified it in theory should remain effective. Hope this helps, good luck.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply lowering the rollcage is not an option because I am 6'3. The roll cage is a sport type cage using the all the orginal rollcage behind the seat plus addition bracing front the seat forward is new and goes throught the dash like a poly performance cage. the frame tie in is on the frame below the dash section. I will add pictures if weather cooperates this evening.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm 6'2" I feel you on the cage height, needs to be higher really. It sounds like you would have to extend the frame mounts for the cage as well, might require some custom Fab work. I've never heard of a cage lift part before, but maybe someone has and will chime in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts