Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just scored some DV8 wheels and 35" MTRs and installed them last night. I've had the Mopar 2" lift for about a year, running stock wheels and tires until I needed to replace the tires. I noticed a little rubbing with the new wheels and tires last night on the initial test drive. I have a 3/4" spacer kit in the garage that a friend gave me for free a few months ago. Any issues with adding the spacer kit to my current setup to help fix the rubbing issues?

Thanks in advance! Here are a couple pics of the new look:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,387 Posts
Where is it rubbing? Air dam, sway bar, control arm, fender? All take a different fix, and unfortunately, more lift is never one of the fixes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is a picture. It rubs on the bottom of the bumper. Sorry for the sideways picture, doing this from my phone and not sure how to fix it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Here is a picture. It rubs on the bottom of the bumper. Sorry for the sideways picture, doing this from my phone and not sure how to fix it.
If i am looking at that right, it is the air dam. Pull out a sawzall/dremel/rotozip/hacksaw and just trim that thing (or just pull it off).:bop:

·
Super Moderator
16,387 Posts
If i am looking at that right, it is the air dam. Pull out a sawzall/dremel/rotozip/hacksaw and just trim that thing (or just pull it off).:bop:
Agree, it looks like the air dam. Most of us just remove it completely as it is one of the very first things to get torn off out on the trail.

The other option, trim it.

Reactions: Cummins_Powered

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, guys. I'll plan to remove it. Curious though, any issue adding the 3/4" spacers for a little more tire clearance?

·
Super Moderator
16,387 Posts
Thanks for the replies, guys. I'll plan to remove it. Curious though, any issue adding the 3/4" spacers for a little more tire clearance?
Most likely just fine to add a little spacer. What did you do for caster correction? Did you get an alignment done with the lift?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts