Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - curious as to if it's possible to add on to a 4.5 AEV. I know "If you wanted more you should of just went with a bigger lift originally etc" and I know that it's not "designed" to be bigger than the 4.5" it already is, but... has anyone else done it?

I'm in the process of re-gearing and upgrading shafts - I know to wheel it hard I'll need to sleeve and gusset. I'm just curious as to if anyone on here has done it and if so how they did it. I'm running 37's if it matters..

Thanks,

Rob

·
Super Moderator
14,557 Posts
Hey guys - curious as to if it's possible to add on to a 4.5 AEV. I know "If you wanted more you should of just went with a bigger lift originally etc" and I know that it's not "designed" to be bigger than the 4.5" it already is, but... has anyone else done it?

I'm in the process of re-gearing and upgrading shafts - I know to wheel it hard I'll need to sleeve and gusset. I'm just curious as to if anyone on here has done it and if so how they did it. I'm running 37's if it matters..

Thanks,

Rob
Add to go higher? Add to improve articulation or geometry?

At that height, I would want all 8 adjustable control arms to center the rear axle and be able to set front caster other than just what the brackets provide.

I'd also want real sway bar links instead of brackets...

No need for additional height with 37's...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok guys so what arms should I go with based on the fact I have the 4.5'' AEV?

I was reading your post Keeper about doing your research, but wasn't sure if there was a common arm AEV guys go to in that situation?

Thanks!

Rob

·
Registered
825 Posts
Any good quality arm with good joints will do the job. I'm partial to Synergy's arms. Easily adjustable and Currie joints. I'd also do as
another suggested, add some good sway bar links. Synergy are good, EVO, too. Both have heim ends. The EVOs can be adjusted in place without removing one end.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
Any good quality arm with good joints will do the job. I'm partial to Synergy's arms. Easily adjustable and Currie joints. I'd also do as another suggested, add some good sway bar links. Synergy are good, EVO, too. Both have heim ends. The EVOs can be adjusted in place without removing one end.
Synergy replaced the JJ with their own DD bushings.
EVO only sells front lowers. Rear uppers were mentioned but not sure if out yet.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Depending on when your planning on buying arms I may have a full set of metal cloak arms I'm gonna sell for cheap.

I'm starting to give up hope that I'll find time to install my long arm myself and will probably have some one do it for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts