Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a masterflow mf 1050 in my 06 lj.
I read a lot about the good and the bad of this unit.
The only change I made from the list of " mods" people are doing to this unit was a different pressure gauge that threaded right in. The air hose fitting was standard and fits my other hoses, another much discussed negative about this unit.
As for now, after only a half dozen or so air ups and downs, works great for only 60$.
Although not the most recommend place to install, it fit perfectly on the flat spot under clutch master cylinder.
20 to 30 lbs. takes about 40 seconds with 31 inch tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
705 Posts
You'll want to keep the hood open whenever you have the compressor running to keep the heat down and extend its life. So, yours has the standard 1/4" NPT threaded hole for the air fittings?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I Have a the same or a very similar one.
I just keep mine in its bag and pull it out of the trunk when i need it.

But it is still a nice job where you have it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You'll want to keep the hood open whenever you have the compressor running to keep the heat down and extend its life. So, yours has the standard 1/4" NPT threaded hole for the air fittings?
I unscrewed the air fitting and the thread is different. However the business end is standard.
Npt fitting is on the left.
My mount job was nothing more than a heavy hvac zip tie. They are very strong, and cinched down tight against the rubber feet on the compressor there's no vibration. I left the wires alone so if I wanted to use it elsewhere I just have to snip the zip tie.
I just wanted the thing out of sight when I venture off.

Attachments

·
Registered
497 Posts
you have the cleanest engine I have ever seen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts