Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
Added bug shield and window deflectors. Did not think I would ever buy into that crap but looks great on my Jeep and functional as well.
Driving yesterday and a rock in slow motion was making its way to my windshield and pop bounced off the bug shield in front. Stopped later and looked at the bug shield for damage and not a scratch...just saved myself a bunch of money haha...

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah I have some Window deflectors that the original owner put on my jeep. Doesn't look half bad.

·
Banned
916 Posts
To each their own. I have done nothing but REMOVE plastic since I got my jeep...stock bumper..gone...stock side steps...gone...rear bumper...waiting on an OR FAb that should be in in a couple of weeks..all that leaves is the flares....and thier days are numbered.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MTH,
Surprising the bug deflector used screws but there are screw holes underneath the Jeep hood that were predrilled...like Jeep wanted you to have a bug deflector. As far as the window deflectors they went on with some super strong 3m tape that you cannot even see...very clean look and all was installed for $110 at a local truck shop.

·
Registered
488 Posts
MTH,
Surprising the bug deflector used screws but there are screw holes underneath the Jeep hood that were predrilled....
You sure about that??

I put an AVS bug/ rock shield on my '10 & didn't see any pre-drilled holes. Mine is held on with a combination of the 3M tape and 2 of the self-tapping screws that were provided.

& to the nay-sayers: try driving around in FL during 'love bug' season. After you see what those little critters do to your paint :mad:, you'll want to put something on the front clip as well (unless you enjoy washing/ waxing your ride every few days).

I had one on my old truck for over 7 years; both it and the front of my hood still looked as good as new when I traded it in.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$110???? I think the "wrench" rating on that job is about a negative 5.

Umm that price included the bug shield and the window deflectors for 4 windows plus install.

2 of the self-tapping screws that were provided...installer told me that holes were there.. I did not see him installing it so I assume you are correct...but it does look good.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I installed the Wade brand deflector and in-channel visors. They were $39 each through Quadratec, around $80 total with tax and shipping. I have an '11 JKU and there were no pre-dilled holes, but the self tapping screws made it easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts