Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added a new MetalCloak adjustable track bar yesterday to correct axle location that was about 3/4 in off due to 2.5" AEV lift that I did a year ago. Estimated the offset to set the starting track bar length and nailed it pretty close. It brought the axle in almost dead nuts centered. When I took it out to test drive, the steering wheel was about 30 degrees too far to the right. "No big" I thought since I figured I could adjust that later. When I got up to about 20 mph the front end started to shudder and the brake acted funny. Seemed like it was low on power to. I limped back home to see If I had forgot something underneath. Found nothing. Tried it again and then figured it may have something to do with off-center steering wheel so I adjusted steering wheel back to center by adjusting drag link and problem went away. I guessed this was caused by the computer control sensing a problem due to the non-centered wheel.
Was that a correct assumption?

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
Had the same issue with mine until I centered the steering wheel. At first I was like Uh Oh what did I break.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts