Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I assume I can add 1" spacers to me AEV lift, correct? Now will it affect handling, ride, travel or the driveshaft?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
14,559 Posts
I assume I can add 1" spacers to me AEV lift, correct? Now will it affect handling, ride, travel or the driveshaft?

Thanks
What did you use for caster correction? I know it's just 1/4", but I would probably stop at 3/4". Are you looking to do both front and rear equally?

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What did you use for caster correction? I know it's just 1/4", but I would probably stop at 3/4". Are you looking to do both front and rear equally?

I using geo brackets. Yes, equal and keep rake. Will think about 3/4" or even 1-2" if worth the $ and time to install.

·
Super Moderator
14,559 Posts
I using geo brackets. Yes, equal and keep rake. Will think about 3/4" or even 1-2" if worth the $ and time to install.
A good friend @Phototrek is running the 3/4" spacer up front only to eliminate rake. He also has geo brackets and it's a great set up.

AEV doesn't correct the rear sway bar angle in the 2.5... If you haven't put on some new rear links, this is the time to make that correction. And then you can take the factory rears and move them to the front and get rid of the goofy brackets that AEV uses for the front sway bar links. WIN-WIN.

The RC-1134 are super inexpensive from Morris 4x4.

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A good friend @Phototrek is running the 3/4" spacer up front only to eliminate rake. He also has geo brackets and it's a great set up.

AEV doesn't correct the rear sway bar angle in the 2.5... If you haven't put on some new rear links, this is the time to make that correction. And then you can take the factory rears and move them to the front and get rid of the goofy brackets that AEV uses for the front sway bar links. WIN-WIN.

The RC-1134 are super inexpensive from Morris 4x4.

Yeah, waiting for cooler weather to do that. Also the nerve to do suspension work

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I added one inch pucks in the front in addition to my TeraFlex 2.5 inch spring lift to level it out. I haven't had any issues and it rides just fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts