Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - after much scouring of the boards, I think I've found most of my answers, but would like to verify what I'd like to do with the experts.

I've got an 05 LJ that's currently at stock height with 31X10.5R15 tires on 15X8 wheels. It's time to replace the tires, so I figured it would be a good time to go bigger. This is my daily driver, and most offroading that I'll be doing is pretty mild, so flex isn't as important to me as ride quality and driveability.

I was planning on a budget 2" hockey puck lift and another 1" body lift for a total of 3". I was then going to go with 33X12.5R15 tires on my 15X8 rims (from what I understand, the 12.5 tires should be fine on 8" wide rims).

My main question is, will I need to worry about rubbing anywhere with the wider/taller tires, or can this just be avoided by adjusting the steering stops? Anything else I should consider? Anyone have photos of a similar combo (3" lift w/33X12.5)?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm actually looking for the same answer.
I'm already lifter 4" on my yj and want to steep up my 31/10.5/15 to a 33
Still searching around.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I have found out that I would either need wheels with different backspacing or need to add spacers with the stock wheels in order for the 12 1/2" wide tires to work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts