Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to add a winch and winch plate to a 2014 rubicon unlimited. The added combined weight is 88lbs. Do I need to make modifications to the front end? How much weight can you add without making further modifications?

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
do a leveling kit but only use pucks on the front

·
Commercial Member
1,045 Posts
It'll sag a little bit, but I wouldn't worry about it, unless you are running large tires and already getting stuffed.

There are a lot of options to correct once you see how it responds. You could go with short pucks, stronger take off springs such as from a JKU if you have a 2 door. Or you could go with a budget boost lift or full spring lift.

I doubt you'll notice any negatives.

I run an 90lb bumper and 60lb winch (guess) and don't notice anything. There was a little bit of a rake, but then I added the 180lb rear bumper and tire carrier, and everything is good in the world. I have a 2.5 coil lift, and I wouldn't mind if I swapped out my springs for 3", but it's definitely not needed.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I added about the same weight to the front of my 2dr 2014 Rubicon X when I installed a Zeon 10-s winch. I went from my stock 52126315 springs to a set of 52126317 springs and it corrected for the added weight perfectly. So, see what you have for stock springs and go up a few numbers. Take off springs are really cheap on ebay - I paid less than $40 deliverd for mine and they were new.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
sit on your bumper. see what happens
This is actually the right answer.

Forget guesswork. Add 90 lbs or so to your front bumper and see how much it sags. It will certainly add to the rake but in the scheme of things it is not that much weight so it is unlikely it will cause interference unless you are already running on the edge of clearance.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Personally, I think all stock JKs look saggy up front. Add in a new front bumper, worse. Then winch, worse still.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts