Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So in June I get an extra paycheck and naturally I'm putting together a shopping list for Sarge (my daughters named my jeep). I've already got a pro-comp 2" suspension lift with 32" MTR's and I wanna get the BB 2" spacers...On the list with that is a drop pitman arm and a transfer case drop. Is there anything else I'm going to need to get to run a 4" lift? This is my daily driver and I go offroading twice a month (weather permitting). One other thing...looking through the 4wd catalouge, they say that a 4" can run 35's, any input on that...can you, can't you? Any rubbing? etc... One more thing, if and when I slap the 35's on there, would re-gearing to the 4.88 ratio be enough or would 5.13 be better? (Keep in mind this is also my daily driver- 25 mile round trip to/from work so gas mileage is still an issue...even with the 35's) Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
new track bars or relocation bracket.:D

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
what axle do you have, you may not be able to run 35's even with 6" of lift

and you could run 35's w/ 4", but you would have to extend the bumpstops and have less flex

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
ahhh well do you do some really tough trails and do you plan on running a locker?
personally i would stay with 33's and put the money saved fom the bigger tires into lockers and a winch it would make a much more capable rig and you wouldn't have any issues whatsoever with rubbing!

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
the dreaded Dana 30's
dana 30 in the back too? wird... id personally get 1.5 spacers if possible (i remember seing them somewhere) and run 33s.. maybe another inch of bodylift if you really want 35s.. i dont think 5.1xx gears will fit in dana 35, i remember you had to cut something but even then everything would be so close and will brake under little pressure. i dont know about the dana 30 though.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
you have the dana 35 rear...i wouldn't run 35's...maybe 33's since you have the 4banger.

i'd do a 1" BL and 33's. if you wanna do 4" of suspension lift then you should get a sye/cv along with the rear upper adjustables and new adjustable trackbars. if you have the money for that then do it. otherwise i'd just add a small body lift unless you wanna go for a complete 4" lift and add the sye/cv.

you can run 35's with 4" of lift with proper bumpstops.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,374 Posts
It's important you remove the dropped Pitman arm from your list. Installing a DPA without a corresponding dropped upper trackbar mount will cause bump steer.

And 4.88 is ideal for 35" tires (especially since 5.13 gears aren't available for your front Dana 30 axle) but without a Dana 44 axle in the rear, I'd stick with 33" tires where 4.88 would still be the ideal ratio since you have the 2.5L engine. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay so I guess I'll nix the idea of runnin 35s. Would I be able to run 33's without any rubbing on the setup I've got now?Thanks for all the input everyone!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts