Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to add a subwoofer to my jeep, and i want to run it and my speakers through an amplifier. my head unit has the following out puts, FL-FR-RL-RR SUB-OUT.

can anyone give me an idea on what amp i can use thats relatively inexpensive to run everything? also, what speakers do you recommend? thinking maybe $250 or less for the speakers and amp?

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
$250 is too cheap for everything unless you're going to hunt for used equipment.

This amp is ridiculously cheap. I don't have this one but own a couple of other PPI Ion amps and they're pretty good for the money: https://www.amazon.com/Precision-Power-i640-5-Full-Range-Bridgeable/dp/B00GJBAM84

Figure at least $100 per pair of speakers. If you want separates up front you're probably at least in the $150 range. Then a decent subwoofer could easily be $100 before the cost of an enclosure. A more realistic budget would put you closer to $500 for amps, speaker, and a sub unless you get really lucky with a good sale.

Spend some time looking at Crutchfield. This will give you a better idea as to what your options are.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts