Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I added a Zone 1.75" BB that came with Spacers and Zone Shocks. Looks good an gave me a solid 2 inches. I did it to clear my 31" BFG without issue and it does so without issue.

Well now I want 33" tires :(

If I add a 1.5-2" Body Lift to my existing setup will I run into any issues? I don't want to tear out my current lift just to buy a 3-4" lift, I'd rather just add to it for now if possible. I have a OEM Track bar.

Will it work? Pros/Cons?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,381 Posts
Few knowledgeable experienced Jeepers will ever recommend a 2" or 3" body lift, the tallest I'd ever install would be a 1" or perhaps a 1.25". Taller body lifts just cause problems, especially for the shifter, transfer case shifter, and fuel tank lines.

I would hold off on 33's until you can do it right.

·
Registered
422 Posts
1" BL :happyyes: 2-3" BL :puke: Seriously a 3" BL will look like crap I see them all the time with that BIG gap between the frame and the body. And for jeepers that know better just think Mall Crawler, you are doing the cheapest thing possible to get your jeep up in the air just to clear the 33's.
Do you want 33's for off roading or just cruising around town ? If the 33's are just for around town you will be fine other than what Jerry posted above. Now if the 33's are going to be the trail, remove what you have installed and install a quality lift and do it proper. Your jeep will handle MUCH better, YOU will be much happier in the long run. Also look around a bit you may want 35's after having the 33's for awhile. Install a 4" SL and if you ever want 35's put your 1" BL back in and you will have a TJ is much more capable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts