Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to add cruise control to my 99 tj with the 4.0 and 5 speed. I do have factory wiring. What would be the cheapest way to go about adding cruise control to my jeep?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Get the factory kit. It has steering wheel controls, the actuator, wiring and instructions.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Get the factory kit. It has steering wheel controls, the actuator, wiring and instructions.
I bought the needed components (individually) from a Mopar discount dealer for less than half of what the "kit" cost. Plus, there is no need to pay for wiring that you already have.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I installed a add-on cruise control on my 97 from "Jones Auto" in Omaha, NE. It worked perfectly. Mounted the controller on the center console just behind the shifter (manual trans.).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Des anyone have a suggestion on getting a wiring harness overlay? I can only find the jeepsareus stock, I can't source the pins and servo connector to build my own. Stuck with servo, switches and bracket all ready to go for $100 buck, it pains me to spend 335 bucks just for some wires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts