Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just added cruise control to my 07 jk a few days ago, and if I had known it was going to be that easy and cheap, I would have done it a long time ago. $150.00 from jeeps are us, and that is for a factory kit that practically snaps into place. The hardest part is figuring how to get the front center section of the horn, (air bag) off, which was easy also after figuring that out. The jk is my daily driver and I have taken a lot of long trips with it and not having cruise has been the only thing I wished I had, now problem solved :punk:

·
Registered
129 Posts
That's really cool to know. I wondered how easy it was to install aftermarket. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your welcome bdizz: It is about a 30 minute job and all the components attach to the steering wheel. You don't even need a steering wheel puller as it is not set on a taper like a lot of wheels. On the 1-10 scale and 10 being the hardest, it's about a 1.2 :) It will even show cruise on the speedo when in cruise mode :punk:

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
I wonder how hard it is to fix mine. I have the piller under my blinkers but has not worked since I bought it. Never really thought of trying to fix it but if it is easy to install I am sure it is easy to fix.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If their is something specific you can remember about getting the horn off let me know! I have the cruise control coming in the mail right now and I would rather not have my girlfriend laugh at me the whole time I'm trying to put it together haha

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks, just got my 07 jk and looking for cruise and remote start.

Found a CA 4553 2 way remote start on eBay for 99$ free shipping. Saved $100 and easy install

·
Registered
3 Posts
Know it is an old post but wanted to give some info for those on the fence. You only need to buy 2 parts, no kit or anything just the horn harness (68003477AA) they call it horn switch, which it is but it has the added wires for the cruise control switch, and the cruise control arm (04671929AC). Here are the links to ebay where I got mine. Wire Harness and Speed Control Switch I also bought the steering wheel back cover with the switch cutout, but when I took my original off it already had the mounts for the switch the only difference was a 3/4" x 1 1/8" notch cut out, which I could have done very easily with a drimmel. Here is a pic of the 2 side by side. If you want to buy one to avoid the cutting it is only about $16 on ebay, the part number is (1GA31XDVAA) for the black one. And then head to the hardware store and get 3 #8 self tapping screws, the one going into the steering wheel metal was tough going in but it went. So for a total of $84 you could have factory cruise control, well worth it.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts