Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day fellow Jeepers,

I have a 2018 JKU with the good old roll up windows and manual door locks :atomic:.

I utilized the search bar and am shocked no one has posted about this before (or that I am not capable of searching correctly?:pc-ouch:)

Has anyone added power door locks? Power windows? (is that a thing?)

What kit did you go with?

Was it a semi-easy DIY?

Do you think it is worth it after you have done it?

:worthy:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Weird. There's a ton of resources about this. I have what you have an have been curious. Replacing the shitastic lock cylinders constantly was the main reason. You can always also try a search engine search, or exploring online vendor websites, especially the review/comments section.

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
There have been a few threads here asking about adding power windows and power door locks. To be honest, the majority opinion in those threads, was to sell your Wrangler and buy one optioned the way you really want. They weren't being cute, but rather taking advantage of a Wrangler's high re-sale value, it might actually be cheaper than trying to add/retrofit all the stuff.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
There have been a few threads here asking about adding power windows and power door locks. To be honest, the majority opinion in those threads, was to sell your Wrangler and buy one optioned the way you really want. They weren't being cute, but rather taking advantage of a Wrangler's high re-sale value, it might actually be cheaper than trying to add/retrofit all the stuff.
You'd be surprised. For a few hundred bucks to install power windows I saved thousands on my JK. Dealer couldn't move it without the power option. 'Course that was back in 2012 when the newer JKs were rolling out the door fast. $3500 off sticker was pretty good.
Here you go OP:
https://www.electric-life.com/product-category/power-windows/direct-bolt-on-kits/jeep/
I bought it with a soft top and 100% keep it that way so power locks don't have much use for me. Installed power windows & the OEM power switch 5 years ago and still running strong. Took an afternoon. 100% worth it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeep door locks and windows

I completely understand that viewpoint. I got this jeep at a few thousand under blue book so it was worth it to get and go the aftermarket route.

·
Registered
952 Posts
You'd be surprised. For a few hundred bucks to install power windows I saved thousands on my JK. Dealer couldn't move it without the power option. 'Course that was back in 2012 when the newer JKs were rolling out the door fast. $3500 off sticker was pretty good.
Here you go OP:
https://www.electric-life.com/product-category/power-windows/direct-bolt-on-kits/jeep/
I bought it with a soft top and 100% keep it that way so power locks don't have much use for me. Installed power windows & the OEM power switch 5 years ago and still running strong. Took an afternoon. 100% worth it.
My niece has the electric life door locks. I spent the better part of 2 days trying to fix 2 of them. I got them working but it didn't last! I think Cartoys does them for $100-125 per door. I would've been money ahead to take it there and have them do it! I think electric life probably makes a decent product, but I was trying to fix her dad's install. It was like spelunking without a light!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
My niece has the electric life door locks. I spent the better part of 2 days trying to fix 2 of them. I got them working but it didn't last! I think Cartoys does them for $100-125 per door. I would've been money ahead to take it there and have them do it! I think electric life probably makes a decent product, but I was trying to fix her dad's install. It was like spelunking without a light!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
My husband is very handy and he's also run a LOT of car audio, car gadgets etc. He can take door trim off in under a minute and it takes me ten. (Or I just get pissed and make him do it.) So it's possible what seemed relatively easy wasn't really. But I do wheel- so my Jeep is bumped and beaten- and my doors go on and off every summer. No issues. Of course now that I've said that...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.