Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum and also a new jeep owner. I have a 2007 stock Sahara. I plan to mod it a little at a time. I am wanting to add some speakers to the rear roll bar behind the back seats for a little extra sound. Can I do this by tapping into my existing unit or do I need to upgrade all of it. I want to add wake tower speakers. Thanks any input helps

View attachment 1097801

View attachment 1097809

·
Registered
107 Posts
So if I understand right you want to add 2 wake speakers and keep the stock soundbar speakers making a total of 6 speakers? Or do you want to disconnect the soundbar speakers and tie in the wake speakers? Theoretically you can do both but there won't be enough power to make them sound good. The existing rear speakers don't seem to have the same output as the fronts as it is. I've tried to do similar mods a little at a time and have ended up gutting the stock system all together and adding an amp and sub with new head unit and speakers.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I was wanting to just add those in and keep the sound bar as well. But like you said the sound bar doesn't seem to be that great anyways so I have also thought of just ditching that. But if I was to just add the wake speakers in can I just upgrade the amp?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Your stock head unit is not designed to handle the load of an additional set of speakers, you would need to add an external amplifier. If you're going to add an external amplifier you should just upgrade the speakers in the roll bar.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That makes since too. Maybe I will just look into doing that instead. Thanks

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also any thoughts on poly filling the sound bar/sub for better sound quality?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I replaced all my stock 6.5s with kicker cs65 (not the mopar upgrade) and had to add an alpine "power pack" amplifier to make them sound really good. I also added 2 kicker hideaway 8" subs under the front seats and couldn't be happier. One sub would've been enough though.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. I think I will start with the poly fill and see how that helps and go from there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts