Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have recommendations for an adjustable kit (all 8 arms)? I'm seeing one by RC for $699, rancho for $899, RE for $950

Control arms are control arms... is there any difference other than price?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
The joints are different. Do some research on various options like Johnny joints, metalcloak duraflex joints, etc.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Why do you want all 8 arms?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Please school me. If one were to buy all 8 arms, which ones would need to be adjustable? Lower front and upper rears. Or would it just be better to buy all 8 adjustable ones and be done with it. I was thinking about synergy when they update the rear ones. Thank you

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Please school me. If one were to buy all 8 arms, which ones would need to be adjustable? Lower front and upper rears. Or would it just be better to buy all 8 adjustable ones and be done with it. I was thinking about synergy when they update the rear ones. Thank you
Lowers would be for setting the axle position front to back. Uppers for adjusting the pinion angle (and caster in the front).

·
Super Moderator
16,387 Posts
@Mr_Gigglz

Most important, Front lowers... In the rear you want both sets, but you can do just rear uppers if all you want is to adjust your pinion angle. Last is front uppers.

Other factors:

Type of adjustability? On the Jeep? Off the Jeep? Jam nut? Clamp?

Type of bushing? Clevite? Johnny Joint? Dual Durometer? Poly?

Jam nuts are more difficult than clamp...

Clevite bushing is stock style and usually considered best for ride quality.

You can get clamp and clevite in the new Teraflex Alpine arms.

Most Flex? You want at least 1 Johnny Joint or both sides with Dual Durometer bushings.

RC bushings were prone to failure more often than others... I think they are better now.

Check out the Core4x4 arms at Allens Offroad.

https://www.allensoffroad.com/suspe.../JK-2007-Present-Complete-Adj-Control-Arm-Set

Reactions: chitown35

·
Super Moderator
16,387 Posts
I am very happy with the tereflex kit, great adjustability, massive.

Mine is a long arm kit.
You sir are just trying to make everyone jealous... It certainly worked on me.

:beerdrinking:

Reactions: Okcpuckfan

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the most important in order are 1) FL 2) RU 3)RL 4) FU

how much lift are you going with? that will determine what you need.
Right now I have a 2.5" coil TF Lift on. I've been collefting parts to do a rancho/old man 3.5" lift. So I'm making sure the CAs can adjust to both sizes.

@Mr_Gigglz

Most important, Front lowers... In the rear you want both sets, but you can do just rear uppers if all you want is to adjust your pinion angle. Last is front uppers.

Other factors:

Type of adjustability? On the Jeep? Off the Jeep? Jam nut? Clamp?

Type of bushing? Clevite? Johnny Joint? Dual Durometer? Poly?

Jam nuts are more difficult than clamp...

Clevite bushing is stock style and usually considered best for ride quality.

You can get clamp and clevite in the new Teraflex Alpine arms.

Most Flex? You want at least 1 Johnny Joint or both sides with Dual Durometer bushings.

RC bushings were prone to failure more often than others... I think they are better now.

Check out the Core4x4 arms at Allens Offroad.

https://www.allensoffroad.com/suspe.../JK-2007-Present-Complete-Adj-Control-Arm-Set
I'll be going with this option. And doing the blue to match my Jeep ?? Parts should be in, in a little over a week.

·
Super Moderator
16,387 Posts
Right now I have a 2.5" coil TF Lift on. I've been collefting parts to do a rancho/old man 3.5" lift. So I'm making sure the CAs can adjust to both sizes.

I'll be going with this option. And doing the blue to match my Jeep ?? Parts should be in, in a little over a week.
Good choice! I would choose the rubber bushings over poly for ride quality. You can also PM @AOR and see if he can get you a forum discount.

Cheers!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts