Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know of a lift kit that has adjustable arms...i want to run 35's but still keep my jeep as low as possible....hopefully it would be cheap...can someone reccomend a kit for me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
To put on 35" tires, you will need 6" of lift. You can do a 4" suspension, and a 2" body, or do a 6" suspension. Tera-flex has a four inch lift, with extended stoppers, that claim you can run 35" tires. It will limit your up travel so that you don't eat out your fendors. There is nothing cheap about doing their lift, or any other. Rough Country has a 4" lift for around $500.00, but you will have to get your adjustable arms from Nth degree, or someone like that. That is not cheap either. A pair of them goes for around $150.00. The Rough Country lift does come with longer control arms, they are just not adjustable.
 

·
I got nothin'
Joined
·
1,901 Posts
Like Jeesrus said, in order to run 35's, and not cut your fenders, you will need 5.5-6" of lift. You could cut the fenders out and go with a "flat fender" look in the front, and just enlarge the rear openings though. Rubicon Express sells their lift kits with adjustable control arms, as do Full traction and Skyjacker. Do your research, you typically get what you pay for with these kits. The higher quality and more inclusive kits are going to be more expensive...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Both of you are very wrong on needing 6" lift for 35's.

I am running the RE 4.5 SF kit with 37's and no body lift. Just adjust your bumpstops accordingly.

Mr. Clifford was running 3.5 springs with 37's, correct bumpstops and some cutting.

You can run 35's on the RE4.5 SF kit (can come with all adjustable control arms) or you can buy the same kit but sub in 3.5 springs and put on a 1" BL and you are golden. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
^^^ very true. I'm running 35's with 4" of suspension lift...thats it. I did do a flatfender job but that honestly gave me no more clearance. Just looks sweet. I also want to run my Jeep as low as possible. I think a 1" BL and I might upgrade to 36's.
 

·
I got nothin'
Joined
·
1,901 Posts
tweba99 said:
Both of you are very wrong on needing 6" lift for 35's.

I am running the RE 4.5 SF kit with 37's and no body lift. Just adjust your bumpstops accordingly.

Mr. Clifford was running 3.5 springs with 37's, correct bumpstops and some cutting.

You can run 35's on the RE4.5 SF kit (can come with all adjustable control arms) or you can buy the same kit but sub in 3.5 springs and put on a 1" BL and you are golden. ;)
Well, I was going under the ASSumption (yes, I have seen the spelling..) that we wanted to maximize suspension performance... I have 35" MTRs and I rub at full flex with 6" of lift (long-arm kit). If you want to limit your suspension flex, you can put 35s on without rubbing... If you have tall enough bump stops. I know that some lift kits vary in height, but TYPICALLY you are going to need 6" of lift, in one form or another, to run 35" tires and allow your suspension to fully cycle without (or with minimal) rubbing.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
12,622 Posts
tweba99 said:
Both of you are very wrong on needing 6" lift for 35's.

I am running the RE 4.5 SF kit with 37's and no body lift. Just adjust your bumpstops accordingly.

Mr. Clifford was running 3.5 springs with 37's, correct bumpstops and some cutting.

You can run 35's on the RE4.5 SF kit (can come with all adjustable control arms) or you can buy the same kit but sub in 3.5 springs and put on a 1" BL and you are golden. ;)
Thought you had the 2" spacer up front too? btw when did you go to 37's?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
4Jeepn said:
Thought you had the 2" spacer up front too? btw when did you go to 37's?
I got rid of the 2" spacer up front because I was "hopping really bad when rockcrawling up hills. I added some bumpstop to compensate and my jeep performs SO much better.

I am running 36" Iroks but they measure out to 36.8 and they are taller than my buddies 37" MTR's so I just said 37 to put it in perspective for the guy so he would know that he would not need that much lift. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
jeeperman said:
Well, I was going under the ASSumption (yes, I have seen the spelling..) that we wanted to maximize suspension performance... I have 35" MTRs and I rub at full flex with 6" of lift (long-arm kit). If you want to limit your suspension flex, you can put 35s on without rubbing... If you have tall enough bump stops. I know that some lift kits vary in height, but TYPICALLY you are going to need 6" of lift, in one form or another, to run 35" tires and allow your suspension to fully cycle without (or with minimal) rubbing.
How is adding the correct bumpstops LIMITING your flex? Are you saying you can flex better when your tire is up in your fender well and your spring is falling out on the other side with no pressure to the ground on that tire?

Bumpstops limit your UPTRAVEL which actually maximizes your flex and pushes down on the opposite side tire so you don't lift a tire and still have traction on the other tire. ;)
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
12,622 Posts
tweba99 said:
I got rid of the 2" spacer up front because I was "hopping really bad when rockcrawling up hills. I added some bumpstop to compensate and my jeep performs SO much better.

I am running 36" Iroks but they measure out to 36.8 and they are taller than my buddies 37" MTR's so I just said 37 to put it in perspective for the guy so he would know that he would not need that much lift. :)
So far no hopping issue with mine..maybe do to the heavier axles. Just seems to break something minor each trip.. last time it was tire rod that got hung up on a tree stump I didn't see. LOL, so it goes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
4Jeepn said:
So far no hopping issue with mine..maybe do to the heavier axles. Just seems to break something minor each trip.. last time it was tire rod that got hung up on a tree stump I didn't see. LOL, so it goes.
Man, I figured you wouldn't have a problem breaking anything with the 60's that you have now. Sounds like you need to go hi-steer if you aren't already. :D
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
12,622 Posts
tweba99 said:
Man, I figured you wouldn't have a problem breaking anything with the 60's that you have now. Sounds like you need to go hi-steer if you aren't already. :D
Oh the 60's are fine.. just tuned so I could talk to my wife and then "bam" hit the stump... very stupid mistake..Took 15 mins to fix... LOL of course the rest of the day everyone on the trail ride felt the need to let me know there where stumps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
4Jeepn said:
Oh the 60's are fine.. just tuned so I could talk to my wife and then "bam" hit the stump... very stupid mistake..Took 15 mins to fix... LOL of course the rest of the day everyone on the trail ride felt the need to let me know there where stumps.
:D
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top