Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice in my rear, one tire sticks out past the fender more than the other...

I have a buddy that works at the local 4Wheel shop here and I called him to ask about it and asked if if its alignment issue he said no, but it sounds like my axle isn't centered since I have a lift and installing an adj control arm is how to fix it. He told me if my Jeep drives fine I don't need it but if it erks me then this is what I need.

I'm looking for a 2nd opinion on this for anyone who has adj control arms...

he said he has one for $165 and it will be $180 for labor? geez thats alot of labor lol

·
Registered
163 Posts
Do you have an adjustable tracbar or tracbar relocation bracket? One of these two things should be installed with any lift. The tracbar is what controls the side to side movement of your axle. When a lift is installed the bar needs to be lengthened (with an adjustable bar) or moved (with a relocation bracket). Otherwise the axle will no longer be centered.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have an adjustable tracbar or tracbar relocation bracket? One of these two things should be installed with any lift. The tracbar is what controls the side to side movement of your axle. When a lift is installed the bar needs to be lengthened (with an adjustable bar) or moved (with a relocation bracket). Otherwise the axle will no longer be centered.
It should I'm assuming. The PO installed the lift. I had sye and cv installed when I got it.

Its not a huge difference on each side but you can tell by looking at the tread of the tire...

I can check later when I get off work. I'll google how it looks and look under the Jeep

·
Registered
163 Posts
ninjaturtle0 said:
I can use this as a reference.
You mentioned it was your rear axle. The setup is slightly different than the front (that picture), but you still have a tracbar back there. Hopefully it's adjustable and it's just a matter of adjusting it.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You mentioned it was your rear axle. The setup is slightly different than the front (that picture), but you still have a tracbar back there. Hopefully it's adjustable and it's just a matter of adjusting it.
Yes the rear but I couldn't find a rear pic like the one abovie

I'll look at it later and reply back.

So if its not adjustable I have to change it?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Also, adjustable control arms will adjust the axle front to back and caster which won't help your off center axle.

·
Registered
163 Posts
ninjaturtle0 said:
Yes the rear but I couldn't find a rear pic like the one abovie

I'll look at it later and reply back.

So if its not adjustable I have to change it?
Change it or get a relocation bracket if you don't have one.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also, adjustable control arms will adjust the axle front to back and caster which won't help your off center axle.
I know 4wheel parts work on sales so just needed someone else's take on it

Thanks! I'll look in the rear later and provide some feed back.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,633 Posts
The track bar connects between the frame at one end and the axle at its other end. As the suspension height changes, the track bar push/pulls the axle side-to-side. With a suspension lift, the track bar will pull the rear axle towards the passenger side and the front axle towards the driver's side.

Up front, the fix is an adjustable length track bar. In the rear, the fix is either that (which is best) or a track bar relocation bracket for the driver's side of where the track bar connects to the axle. Relocation brackets for the rear axle come with different dimensions for different suspension heights from some manufacturers to more precisely center the rear axle. Such bracket aren't made for the front axle due to its slightly different design. :)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The track bar connects between the frame at one end and the axle at its other end. As the suspension height changes, the track bar push/pulls the axle side-to-side. With a suspension lift, the track bar will pull the rear axle towards the passenger side and the front axle towards the driver's side.

Up front, the fix is an adjustable length track bar. In the rear, the fix is either that (which is best) or a track bar relocation bracket for the driver's side of where the track bar connects to the axle. Relocation brackets for the rear axle come with different dimensions for different suspension heights from some manufacturers to more precisely center the rear axle. Such bracket aren't made for the front axle due to its slightly different design. :)

Nice!

The guys at the shop here told me my lift looks like a Rub Express due to silver colors but the logos were removed so we can't really tell.. I looked up Rub Exp lifts and they seem to come with adj track bars though so hopefully I have one and can save the money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts