Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 2013 jku lifted 2.5” with a rock krawler lift. I have control arm drop brackets in the front. The Jeep is aligned to factory spec without issue. But I’m wondering what benefit if any I would get from adjustable front and rear control arms? There’s no issues with the Jeep currently that I feel the control arms would remedy other than the rear axle maybe being a tad forward as all jk’s do when lifted. Also will they work in the front with the control arm drop brackets?

·
Registered
584 Posts
If you have no issues and is aligned to factory specs then no benefits; unless you go with better joints (johnny?) or decide to install a higher lift in the future.

Edit: Yes, on the rear an adjustable CA will bring the axle back to factory specs. On the front your bracket already did that.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can anyone clear this up for me. If I purchase adjustable upper and lower rear arms. And adjust them to move the axle back. Theoretically if I adjust the rear lower arm 1” farther than stock, would I keep the same pinion angle if I adjust the upper 1” as well? Also do the companies provide length recommendations based on lift size? I can’t find any

·
Registered
520 Posts
This video does a brief explanation of the difference between using drop brackets vs. adjustable control arms. Not sure if this answers your question or not. I'll admit I'm studying all this stuff right now too, as the JK platform is new to me. (I have always had either IFS or leaf sprung suspensions when I've lifted in the past).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=dWtQZT_BGXk

·
Super Moderator
14,554 Posts
@Jkjunky22

With a 2.5" lift, you wouldn't go more than about 3/8" longer on the rear lowers, 1/2" Max. Then the rear uppers are usually about 1/8" more than whatever you did with the lowers. But the goal is zero pinion in the rear and that's your final adjustment.

In the front, you gain ground clearance.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Can anyone clear this up for me. If I purchase adjustable upper and lower rear arms. And adjust them to move the axle back. Theoretically if I adjust the rear lower arm 1” farther than stock, would I keep the same pinion angle if I adjust the upper 1” as well? Also do the companies provide length recommendations based on lift size? I can’t find any
Yes, but not exactly. Because the both the control arms are at slightly different angles you'd need to do some math to get the precise length, but for all intents - adjusting them the same will do as you say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts