Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If install adjustable control arms for my 05 unlimited, can get away from using a cv driveshaft & slip yoke eliminator and remove my tcase drop. Would i also get a better ride aquality. :confused:

·
Registered
489 Posts
u can do that without the control arms. The SYE and the transfer case drop kit do the same thing.

·
Registered
489 Posts
how much lift do u have? if it still have vibrations, then put in a motor mount lift

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 3inch fulltraction lift with a tcase drop and i dont really feel any vibrations, i just dont like haveing a tcase drop.

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
eh - don't worry about it. When I get my RE 3.5 installed I'm getting adjustable uppers for the front and rear and may still need a t-case drop. which isn't really a bad thing.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I have a 3inch fulltraction lift with a tcase drop and i dont really feel any vibrations, i just dont like haveing a tcase drop.
Thats the lift i'm getting do you like it.:D

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes i really do like the lift its great on road and off-road. I get pretty good flex also rides great on the highway. :)

·
Registered
489 Posts
u shouldnt get vibration if u just run the SYE and driveshaft without the transfer case drop. Like i said, if some weird reason u do, just buy a motor mount lift. its only 60 dollars. Its does the same thing as a t-case drop but at the other end.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
The reason you would need adustable uppers when you do the SYE is because you need to point the rear pinion at the output shaft of your TCase.

JeepGuy, did you try your lift without the TCase drop at all? With your LJ you have less of a dshaft angle than anyone with a TJ will due to the extended wheelbase. You very well might find that you have no drive line vibes anyway.

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
^ did I not say that?..... guess not, but I was thinking that when I said not to worry about it.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
^ did I not say that?..... guess not, but I was thinking that when I said not to worry about it.
:D No worries bro. Gotcha covered. :D

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No i didnt try the lift without the tcase drop. So you think i might not even i have vibes huh i didnt know that. :)

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
No i didnt try the lift without the tcase drop. So you think i might not even i have vibes huh i didnt know that. :)
Just knowing the extra inches of wheelbase an LJ has over a TJ combined with the lift you have I would bet that the vibes would be non-existent to very minimal without the TCase drop.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I run the full traction 3" suspension lift and 1" MORE motor mounts and still have a bit of vibes, not much, but I also don't have any spacers on my transfer case..So I have maximum clearence. Oh, and I also have a 1" body lift.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey do you have stock control arms, so you i think should have my tcase back to stock and ill be fine since you have the same lift as i do and say you have little vibe but not that bad.

·
Registered
24 Posts
With your LJ you should not need a T-case drop with a 3" lift.

On my LJ, I have a 2" lift and a TT which is about 4.25" of drivetrain lift. I do not have a sye, and this was with stock control arms.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I still have all stock control arms, but looking to getting adjustable rear control arms so when I get my SYE, I can go with a belly up skid plate.

Hey do you have stock control arms, so you i think should have my tcase back to stock and ill be fine since you have the same lift as i do and say you have little vibe but not that bad.

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
but he doesn't have the long wheelbase LJ like you. With your longer drive shaft I don't think you'll get vibes. Didn't get vibes in my XJ untill 4"

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so you guys think i should take it to my local 4wheel shop for them to remove the tcase drop. Or should i just leave it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts