Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i just finished up my lift kit, SYE, and a whole bunch of other stuff...i purchased the Rough Country 4" N2.0 lift originally and had horrible vibes immediately..i installed a SYE shortly afterwards...then i bought RC Rear adjustable track bar and a Currie HD one for the front...Then rear upper adjustables from RC, and now about to purchase the rest of the control arms with Flex Joints so I can get more articulation off road, and going with rubber at frame side and johnny joint at axle for on road comfort... the cost of making my jeep capable of running this 4 inch lift has become outrageous lol...but worth the money..my lift, since i have the 4 cylinder and soft top, has came out to about 5 inches or so..

anyway, i'm wanting a better ride and more performance...i was thinking that because i have a light jeep that my coil rates were too high since i get a little bit of bouncing going down the road, but then realized it might be because they're too soft allowing them to bounce..... so when i go over a bump at higher speeds, im wanting my axle to do the moving and not my jeep, i was thinking some lighter coils or progressive coils would fix this, but just don't know where to start with out spending a fortune.

so i'm looking into adjustable shocks to help dial in my ride..so i can have the rear and front independent from one another for best possible ride...i've seen the Rancho 9000 to be the best/cheapest option..was looking at bilstein but no adjustability without spending a fortune..

where would y'all go from here?? i definitely want daily driver function as priority but dont want to sacrafice off road ability either...

sorry for the long post, thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
The Rancho 9000's work good. I also have good luck with Bilstein 5100's. But the best ride with be will a high quality shocked tuned for your jeep. I would just get the Rancho's if you want adjustability.

BTW, as far as on road comfort. Having a bushing on the frame side doesn't matter. Run high quality flex joints on both ends (preferably JJ's)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I love my 9000s, but beware if your area uses road salt in the winter to de-ice the roads. The salty water gets into the adjustment mechanism, causes rust and in one or two seasons renders your adjusters useless.
I took my adjusters apart and treated them liberally with antiseize, because our roads are white with salt throughout much of the winter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts