Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
installing a zone off road 4inch lift...decided to go with front and possibly rear adjustable track bar....not off roading so I dont need top of the line just reliable for daily driving....suggestions?

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
JKS is what I have, love them, but a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for, the bushings are awesome and they are really beefy.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
installing a zone off road 4inch lift...decided to go with front and possibly rear adjustable track bar....not off roading so I dont need top of the line just reliable for daily driving....suggestions?
In front best options are JKS #126, Currie TJS/TJJ or the Metalcloak. This is based on what works when it comes to diff & steering clearance, lift height, and bumpstop extension requirements.

In the rear you want to look at JKS, Currie or Metalcloak. Metalcloak is the better option from what I've seen so far. Clearance between the frame (gas tank mount) and the track bar is critical to not losing suspension function.

More info here: TJ track bar clearance issues.

This is the one I just bought.
Can you cancel the order? I've heard Rusty's has a pretty bad return policy, but you could always try.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have the JKS heavy duty front bar.

Nice heavy piece BUT I really dislike the fact that I had to drill out the frame side mount for a straight bolt. OE is a tapered bolt and IMO that is a far superior design. Not sure why the couldn't change the part up a bit for this.

·
Registered
33,540 Posts
In front best options are JKS #126, Currie TJS/TJJ or the Metalcloak. This is based on what works when it comes to diff & steering clearance, lift height, and bumpstop extension requirements.

In the rear you want to look at JKS, Currie or Metalcloak. Metalcloak is the better option from what I've seen so far. Clearance between the frame (gas tank mount) and the track bar is critical to not losing suspension function.

More info here: TJ track bar clearance issues.

Can you cancel the order? I've heard Rusty's has a pretty bad return policy, but you could always try.
Just installed it a few days, I'll take a chance.

·
Registered
728 Posts
The OME Ultimate Kit comes with the JKS track bars. Nice and beefy. Otherwise, I would buy the Metal Cloak one just to save a few bucks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys this forum has been a wealth of information....i am going to try to run stock if I can if not I will use one of the suggested options

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Currie front and rear. No Heim type joints, superb quality. Love them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I thought there was a discussion on lift height with the Metalcloak bar? I believe it was about three inches being the relative cutoff point for it. I guess if you have over three from the springs though you're good, assuming what I heard was correct.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts