Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My drivers side door dosent shut very good. It seems like it has fallen down a little. Is there a way to lift them up or shim them?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
how are your hinge bushings looking, if they are bad it can cause that.

the guys at blackmagicbrakes.com make some out of Delrin which look really nice, I have a set but have not installed them yet.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
Loosen the hinge bolts and adjust the door where you want and retighten

Or If you could just just a striker
How does the door gap look around where the door meets to the tub?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking at it a little closer I have to lift the door to get it to close right. I think I'll get a new set of bushings and see it thats it. Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just installed new full doors. Had to adjust them out to close right. Don't know anything about the bushings, but the doors both close like new and the gaps look factory. I loosened the top hinge behind the mirror and the bottom two hole hinge bracket. Closed the door and also held it up a tad then re tightened the bolts. Both sides of the door hinges are adjustable on the bottom, but you only need to adjust the two hole side so you don't mess up the paint too bad.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I had a similar problem with my doors. The gold striker can be loosened and then adjusted up and down then retightened.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Looking at it a little closer I have to lift the door to get it to close right. I think I'll get a new set of bushings and see it thats it. Thanks
check them out before you buy them, they have to be "practically missing" bad to cause much sag. Sounds like you may just need to adjust them like the others have said.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Even if there is about a half inch of play in the door? The passenger door dosent have the play that the drivers door does and shuts fine.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
If you got play in your door then the bushings are bad. It'd be a good idea to replacethe them before you did any adjustment. The new bushings may solve your problem entirely

1 - 10 of 10 Posts