Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just bought a 2013 Jeep Wrangler. For some reason, it no longer recognizes my voice. Can't voice activate anything. Does anyone out there know how to fix this? Thanks so much!!:flowers:

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Hi, just bought a 2013 Jeep Wrangler. For some reason, it no longer recognizes my voice. Can't voice activate anything. Does anyone out there know how to fix this? Thanks so much!!:flowers:
Go through the system setup and perform the voice training again. My radio could not understand me at all until I completed this.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have found that if you have an enormous contact database for it to download, you'll slow the thing right down and cause problems - and even lose recognition for many of them.

My android was loading contacts from various Google accounts, linked in, my co-workers shared contacts, twitter, there were almost 700 total.

I worked some stuff on my phone to limit the contacts down to around 200 and the voice activation is running much more quickly.

Same goes for songs - the more songs you have on your ipod, the longer it will take to decide which song matches best to what you just said. Keep it clean with only the 200-300 that you actually want to listen to on a regular basis and it will work much faster compared to if you had several thousand.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Go through the system setup and perform the voice training again. My radio could not understand me at all until I completed this.
I would agree. My 730 (2013 JKUR) was super hit or miss on voice recognition.
When I redid the set-up and did the voice training... Voila! BTW, I have your basic midwestern accent w/ no heavy inflection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts