Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 2010 JK 2 door Sport. I got OEM Mopar rock rails last year. I am considering some other options and would be interested in some opinions. My JK is a daily driver with no off roading so I would basically be looking for cosmetic appearance, protection from other car doors, and having a step to get into the vehicle since it is a couple if inches higher than stock. My options are:

1. Leave things the way they are.

2. Add ACE rock sliders to my existing OEM rails.ACE JK Rock Sliders (2 Door)

3. Add Barricade rails and sell my OEM rails. Barricade 2-Door Wrangler Enhanced Rubi Rails - Textured Black J100746 (07-14 Wrangler JK 2 Door) - Free Shipping

4. Add Body Armor rails and sell my OEM rails. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0027HRAHK/ref=dra_a_cs_mr_hn_it_P1700_1000?tag=dradisplay-20

I know the ACE are very popular but my only concern is that they seem to stick out more than the Barricade or Body Armor ones. I like the accesories to blend and don't want the rails to scream "look at me". Just looking for function with a little style. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Go with the ACE. They don't stick out that far, and others might get some door dings from them, you won't see any.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I like the Mopar Enhanced Rails. The Barricade and Body Armour ones both look very similar, though not identical, and much less money. The Body Armour pictures look kinda glossy black even though the description says textured (textured looks better).

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I like the Mopar Enhanced Rails. The Barricade and Body Armour ones both look very similar, though not identical, and much less money. The Body Armour pictures look kinda glossy black even though the description says textured (textured looks better).
X2 one one of those. There are quite a few Rubicon X around here with those rail and they do look nice. The ACE sliders do not good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts