Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 02 TJ has some light rust on several areas on the frame mainly on some of the welded areas. Inside of frame is smooth, under the skid plate looks good. I want to get rid of these spots and have done a lot of research on POR 15. But I don't feel like the entire frame needs to be painted. Should I use POR15 on these small spots and paint over the frame with regular under coating paint? Any helpful hints would be great.

·
Registered
538 Posts
If it is just surface rust, I'd clean it with a wire brush / wire wheel and cover it with some Rustoleum or similar rattle can spray. If you keep ahead if it, you should be OK.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I painted my complete frame in the driveway in just two hours. Used POR15 with a 2"wide foam brush. POR15 is great. A little goes a long way.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Yours looks to be in great shape...like mine. I bought a quart (946ml) and I have about 2/3rds left. I did my skid plates, track bars etc too. I will also do my hitches on all my vehicles this summer as they always start to rust after one winter. Thinking I may use the POR 15 on my steel utility trailer that I bought 15 years ago too. Love this stuff....you'll see how great it looks after. Don't get any on your driveway or yourself....does not come off!!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm planning on doing the Eastwood Internal and POR-15 on my frame this summer, does anyone have any tips of tricks on how to do it the right way? A write-up perhaps? Any problematic areas or issues to be aware of before tackling this?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts