Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently painted my stock flares on my 04 tj using the rustoleum truck bed liner. Wasnt as much texture as I had hoped for, but it came out good. I'd used the duplicolor before and though I really liked the rough, more aggressive texture, it faded quick. I'm considering painting the bottom 8" or so of my tj (from the stamped "jeep" logo down) using the same stuff as I used on the flares. Don't know why I'm volunteering to take the flares off again, guess I enjoy taking off 49,823 [email protected] bolts! Wanted advice on how fellow tj-ers think that'd look. Anyone done it using same stuff? If so and you don't mind sharing pics that'd be much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Not sure I'd do my rockers (personal preference) but I did my grill with the Rustoleum bed coating and it came out good.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks pretty good! I might have to do both...thought about doing it in my door sills taking it all the way around the back and doing the trunk sill too. Hell, I might just paint the whole thing. Had a '89 Wagoneer that was 100% Line-X minus the wood grain. The ladies loved it! Then my wife sold it...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts