Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all I was wondering if anyone has some advice on placement and what type of sub and amp would work well in an 05 unlimited?

I have a good two feet from my rear seat to the back hatch but I almost always use that space for storage and don't have the room for a sub box.

I don't want anything awful loud but would like a little thump. Needing an idea of a setup so any pics and or suggestions would be awesome. Thanks

·
Registered
483 Posts
all u need is a 10 i have a kicker comp 10 with a 800 att amp it will get loud if u want

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I think 10 would be plenty loud. Have u heard of many people puttin the sub under the rear seat

·
Registered
69 Posts
I run the pioneer shallow enclosure 10" with a alpine 450 watt amp. Its not window shattering but definitely booms and it fits perfect behind the seat, but with the unlimited you are gonna have more room.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
So my sub booms...
I'll post pictures tomorrow but I have a 1000watt kicker amp hooked up to a 10 inch 1000 watt rockford fosgate sub. Then for my speakers/tweeters I have a 300 way clarion amp that is hooked up to each speaker
My friends say they can here my sub from about 1/2 a mile from there house. And I don't have the bass boost or the gain even half way up.
I know you said you don't want anything crazy but I'll post pictures so you can ATlease see the set up

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good deal Topher381. I've seen pics of a sub up inside the rear seat and if I could pull that off. Dang hahaha.

Some of my buddies have a port hole in their box. Will I need one

1 - 6 of 6 Posts