Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wanted to get some advice or thoughts about this. I currently have a 15 Unlimited Sport on 33's with a TF spacer leveling kit that picked the front up 2 inches and the rear 1 inch. Loved the look. Now I just purchased a Rugged Ridge XHD bumper with a winch that will add an extra 150lbs on the nose which will cause some sagging I imagine since the spring rates arent made for it. My stock front springs are 17's.

Now I am wondering whats the best way to get back close to my old setup before the bumper. Can I just swap the front springs to something else and call it a day since the rear height is fine or will that not play nice with the stock rear springs?

·
Registered
533 Posts
I had a similar situation with mine. I did 2" OME heavy front coils and 1.5" RK rear coils. Rides better than stock and no spacers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info and Mike your ride looks great!

Are you guys saying run a 1.5 spring with my current leveling kit also or without? I imagine I will loose around 3/4 of an inch, so a 1.5 spring would still put me under my current 2 inch lift in the front unless i ran like half a spacer with the spring or something.

Or maybe I just dont use the leveling kit in the front and put on a 2.5 inch spring that will drop to 1.75 after the bumper/winch goes on which is sorta close....

You guys think i will have handling issues by mismatching parts like that? Like a 2.5 spring in the front with no spacer, and a stock spring with TF 1 inch spacer in the rear?

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you have 17s in the front, toss on a set of Mopar 19 springs and see if that levels you out. I'm in PA, but I have a set of 19 fronts (no rears) that I'll send you for the cost of shipping if you're interested or you can try and find somebody local who has a set of 19 fronts left over from something.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
You'll get 2" with the RK 1.5s with the weight of the bumper. I would try it without spacers to start with. Mine is still holding up with bumper, winch, and side armor. You should get the same look with a better ride.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I think I will just go with the RK 1.5's on the front then and go from there. Cheers

·
Registered
86 Posts
Pre RK directly in an unloaded unlimited, you will get 1.75" with the 1.5" springs and 3" with the 2.5" springs.

You'll get 2" with the RK 1.5s with the weight of the bumper. I would try it without spacers to start with. Mine is still holding up with bumper, winch, and side armor. You should get the same look with a better ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts