Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum and was hoping someone could help me out. I have a 12 Rubicon and am about to outfit it for off road. I don't do alot of rock crawling but am in alot of mud with the occasional crevice or 2 but I also do alot of road driving. I was wondering if anyone knows how much of a difference on mpg there will b between a 2 in lift with 33 and a 3 in lift with 35 and wich would b better

·
Registered
647 Posts
I'm new to this forum and was hoping someone could help me out. I have a 12 Rubicon and am about to outfit it for off road. I don't do alot of rock crawling but am in alot of mud with the occasional crevice or 2 but I also do alot of road driving. I was wondering if anyone knows how much of a difference on mpg there will b between a 2 in lift with 33 and a 3 in lift with 35 and wich would b better
Will it be a DD or just a weekend mudder?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There on of three on the list

Dick cepek mud country
Nitto trail grappler
Km2

But the size is my main question 33 or 35

·
Registered
470 Posts
There on of three on the list

Dick cepek mud country
Nitto trail grappler
Km2

But the size is my main question 33 or 35
Trail grapplers are horrid choice for a DD in my choice, tread runs out so fast. KM2s last around 30-40 thousand miles even with hard wheeling. And what do you have? TJ, YJ, or JK? Any lift? And the dick cepek are also a good choice.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I think the KM2 sucks. No siping, terrible in rain and snow, and they run small. Lastly, they are overpriced.

For your needs I would look for a MT tire that has siping. That way you're good for the mud but you also will have a safe tire for the highway. Cooper STT is a great choice but there are many that are similar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts