Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can great deals on 2 Tuners!! But I don't know which one!! Please any advice would be very useful!!!

Diablo i1000-dxc

TRAIL DASH 2

·
Registered
456 Posts
Superchips makes some really nice products. I've ran the Flashpaq and Flashcal and really liked them both.

Jeremy
Hey Jeremy,

Have you used a different tuner on your rig subsequent to the superchips? Can you confirm or put to rest the boot loader issues that have popped up on other forums?

Also, can you confirm whether or not tunes from other devices can be loaded with a superchips. For example, I have a number of DRG files (tunes) that I can use with my Trinity. Can they be used with the SC product?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have the OG Trail Dash and I like it... I do not love it. It is nice for all the bells and whistles, maintenance monitoring, all of the additional gauges, locking the diffs in 4 hi. In my opinion, if you are getting one for the POWER(!!!), you are going to be disappointed. Besides the shift point changes and changes to the skinny pedal I never thought to myself "holy $hit! this is amazing!!!" I have an 09 JKUR sitting on 33s, on the mileage tune the best I seem to get is 18... on the 87 tune I am around 16.8 to 17.4, and I drive like a grandma... Just my 2 pennies...

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
If you need to correct for tire size or gears, get it. If you are getting it for performance gains, don't bother. You'll notice a little different throttle response and shift points. That's it. Personally, I have the TD2 and love the extra gauges. Plus, I needed it since I'm running 37's and 5.13's. I honestly can't tell the difference between the 87 and 93 tune on my 2011 JKR though.

·
Registered
456 Posts
The difference between the 89 and 93 tunes is probably just more ignition timing and a few more ponie as a result.

The 89 tune probably has altitude more timing than the stock tune too.

There may also be some fuel added at the top end too in order compensate for CAIs and freer flowing exhausts.

A third party tuner can come in and possibly tweak up your timing a little further if you data log. You can see when the PCM pulls timing and when you have gone too far. They can tweak the AFR if you run WBO2 as well.

·
Premium Member
8,894 Posts
My buddy is running a Bully Dog on his 10 Rubi and it works great. We just did a 1300 mile trip and on the 87 tune he got a 16.8 average if I remember right. That was just a bit above my 13 Rubi. Both of us are on 37's and lifted 4 inches with PSC flat fenders. He is still slower than mine but it sure did get better with the 87 tune.

·
Registered
456 Posts
You will see better mileage from the more advanced ignition timing in the 87 tune. I can't imagine that it is advanced any more than about 2 degrees, though.

If they advance the timing too much, it will trigger short and long term spark retard and then you loose power.

·
Supporting Vendor
1,867 Posts
Guys

How much HP can be gained with superchips? Also, which features did you find most useful?

Thanks
Hasan
I ran the 90 octane rating I think. It has been a while since I used it. I liked being able to adjust shift points beyond what the program offered. On HP numbers I have no clue. I didn't do any Dyno runs before or after, You can feel a difference in throttle response as well as improved shifting.

Jeremy

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ran the 90 octane rating I think. It has been a while since I used it. I liked being able to adjust shift points beyond what the program offered. On HP numbers I have no clue. I didn't do any Dyno runs before or after, You can feel a difference in throttle response as well as improved shifting.

Jeremy
Thanks Jeremy

My JK is a manual. Do you think its worth the money for my car also.

Appreciate your suggestions and advice.

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts