Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everybody,

So I've been driving my new JK for 2 weeks now. In this time, 3 of my 4 wheels have lost their adhesive balance weights. Before I spend money on a balance, what is the best weight option for ION 179-7873MB alloy wheels?

I'm in southeast Connecticut if you recommend a shop.

Thanks
WT

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I would try cleaning the inside of the wheel well. Mostly likely their is dirt and grime so they aren't sticking. Heat can also be a cause but Connecticut isn't know. For its scorching weather.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would try cleaning the inside of the wheel well. Mostly likely their is dirt and grime so they aren't sticking. Heat can also be a cause but Connecticut isn't know. For its scorching weather.
Yea, thanks. I'll clean the wheels good with alcohol before I drop them off. Makes me the installer didn't press hard enough or long enough either.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Anything is possible. I noticed wheel weights missing a couple years ago. Turned out neighborhood kids were taking them off to play with the strips...

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
We just use the balancing beads on mine. No chance of them popping off.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I've used DynaBeads in my tires for years now. Those beads will never come off no matter how rough the trails are. When my tires are worn out and need replacing, I remove the beads and put them in the new ones.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
I been running beads since spring and i love them. I did had something odd happen where i think my beads some how got out of whack and started shaking my jeep really bad. I pulled over to inspect my jeep and driveshafts and seen nothing wrong so i took it back out on the road and it was fine. Other than that i have not had a problem with them. I have read that some people said you could hear them spinning when you come to a stop with the top off but i never hear anything.

Reactions: WhiskyTang0
1 - 10 of 10 Posts