Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
We're looking at purchasing a 2016 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock that's got what looks like a Teraflex 2.5" lift on it and a set of badly cupped Fierce Attitude M/T's on them in 325/65-18 on Moto Metal red/black wheels.
They stick out about 4" beyond the fenders and are cupped to the point that at slow speeds it rides like it's on washboard dirt, so our plan is to immediately replace both the wheels and tires.

Can anyone give me a suggestion of a good off-road wheel/tire size combination and wheel suggestion?
For tires we're probably going with BFG KO2's or maybe Nittos ( we've been happy with KO2's in the past ). I'd like something in the 34" range, since this is our daily driver as well as off road explorer and would prefer to not stick out past the fenders. We mostly drive in the desert, so we're steering away from another M/T. Whatever we get will need to fit on the stock spare tire location.

I'm also looking for a reasonably priced wheel design that can stand up to regular mild rock crawling, so I'd prefer something that won't mar up so obviously, isn't a fake beadlock and protects the valve stem. Possibly with a rock ring? Maybe I should be going with black steelies, and I can rattle can them when they get marred up? We've got rock scars and even a damaged center cap on all 4 of our wheels on our current truck. We wheel and explore a fair bit and will probably do even more of it with this Jeep.

Thanks for any advice and we're happy to be joining the "club"!

·
Super Moderator
15,131 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
If you don't have any plan to do some extreme off-roading, 18-inch wheels are good enough and can provide you better on-road handling. Some of your options are moto metal and xd wheels. With 18x9, you can fit 35" tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts