Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just replaced my wheels and tires last week (attached before and after pic) Now I want to move onto getting a pair of LED lights to mount by my windshield. I have no idea what is a good pair to go with and value this forums input. If anybody can share their opinions on whats the best to go with I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
You might not get allot of answers initially, as there are many choices that fit within various budgets. Do you want them for looks or functionality? Rigid lighting is often touted as being the best, but you do pay a price for the quality, etc. Then there are options from EBay and Amazon that seem to work well for those who purchase them. Personally, I went with this set and the mounting brackets and couldn't be happier. Do some searches on this forum and on Google for LED lighting and you should find plenty of results.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Jeep look's great!
I went with Inspired Engineering cube lights mounted on Light Worx brackets.
I like angle of that bracket & how it brings the lights forward.
Called them a few times with questions when swapping switches & always got polite, knowledgeable customer service.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Whatever light you decide on !!! I like the Poison Spyder A pillar bracket it's well made has stainless hardware if you like to use also a rubber liner so bracket does not rash jeep and if you decide to remove at a later time your jeep is good as new.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I put KC C3 spots on my jeep. the whole kit (pair of lights, wiring harness, switch) all came out to around $130.

they are very solid and bright (~1080 lumens each) lights for the size, and only draw 12A each. Rigids are tight but around 50% more expensive...

originally mounted on the front bumper, now have em on windshield brackets. not sure which location offers better lighting, but they look way more awesome up on the brackets.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I agree with JKUDave. LOTS of options. Now sometimes there is safety in numbers and since a lot of people run Rigid lights, its a safe bet that they've earned that great reputation they have. I made the decision recently and decided on Rigid in part for that reason. I am happy with their construction.

Rigid also has two major price points with their "Dually" series which have 4 LEDs per light and their "D2" series which have 6. The D2s are significantly more expensive, but most everyone Ive seen on here with the Duallys are very, very happy. That makes it a bit easier pill to swallow.

I'd simply recommend going with a narrow beam pattern if you're putting them on the A-pillar b/c the light can reflect off the hood very significantly. I initially bought the driving pattern, but am strongly considering switching to the hyperspot pattern b/c of the glare. My Jeep is white, which may make the glare worse. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
585 Posts

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Here in another vote for Inspired Engineering. I have their 6 LED cube lights with the spot reflector and Poison Spyder a-pillar brackets. They lights up the road very good. When I have these lights on, I can turn my headlights off and I don't even notice that the headlights are off. These cube lights are like having 6 or 7 pairs of headlights on bright all at one time. They are a very well made light.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I have cubes from Pandemic and couldn't be happier. They are Rigid quality without the Rigid price. Rockridge is a vendor on here and they sell them, reach out and they will take good care of you.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree with JKUDave. LOTS of options. Now sometimes there is safety in numbers and since a lot of people run Rigid lights, its a safe bet that they've earned that great reputation they have. I made the decision recently and decided on Rigid in part for that reason. I am happy with their construction.

Rigid also has two major price points with their "Dually" series which have 4 LEDs per light and their "D2" series which have 6. The D2s are significantly more expensive, but most everyone Ive seen on here with the Duallys are very, very happy. That makes it a bit easier pill to swallow.

I'd simply recommend going with a narrow beam pattern if you're putting them on the A-pillar b/c the light can reflect off the hood very significantly. I initially bought the driving pattern, but am strongly considering switching to the hyperspot pattern b/c of the glare. My Jeep is white, which may make the glare worse. Hope this helps.

Thank you, this helps a lot. Appreciate the feedback

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I went with the revolvers from Inspired Engineering. They're 4" round (I like the old school round look) and came with the bracket for mounting, to my door for about $150.

I will be installing them today, weather permitting.

Exco

·
Registered
62 Posts
Went cheap on the lights, just to save a few bucks and see if I use them enough to justify spending more. But I did find these mounts on Amazon and really like the look and quality.
They are made very heavy and feel real durable. Bolted right up too. Really cool look with the lights stacked too.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts