Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I'm hoping to get some help here. I was able to land my 1 jeep and although it's only a 4 banger I just couldn't pass up the deal. The PO installed a 3" bl that absolutely has to go! My question is... Other than removing the spacers, what else can I expect to run into as far as the mods he had to do to lift it? I did see that There is an extension on the hose to fill it with fuel. Besides that what else can I look for? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
You will also likely have a drop bracket on your t-case shifter, a riser block on your steering shaft bearing carrier, and longer rubber bumpers under each end of the grill. If a motor mount was not installed with the body lift, your radiator shroud would have been repositioned.

It may be to your benefit to just buy a 1" or 1.25" bl to replace the 3" with...that way you would have everything you need.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for the information, if I were replace it with the 1.25" lift , would that spare me the trouble of addressing the issues you mentioned? If so it would seem that it would be easier to install the 1.25". Correct?

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Thanks so much for the information, if I were replace it with the 1.25" lift , would that spare me the trouble of addressing the issues you mentioned? If so it would seem that it would be easier to install the 1.25". Correct?
You would still have to change those items, but the parts you need to do that would come in the kit. Those are not really hard items to change out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That would be nice, but unfortunately something like that will have to wait. Having a wife,3kids , a mortgage and 2 other vehicles. It is safe to say it's going to be an ongoing process, for the time being I would like to get it to the point I can take it to the secret fishin hole, out to the hills to teach the kiddos how to drive standard.. Ya know those kinda things. Then a little bit at a time fix it up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That would be nice, but unfortunately something like that will have to wait. Having a wife,3kids , a mortgage and 2 other vehicles. It is safe to say it's going to be an ongoing process, for the time being I would like to get it to the point I can take it to the secret fishin hole, out to the hills to teach the kiddos how to drive standard.. Ya know those kinda things. Then a little bit at a time fix it up.
old yellow

·
Registered
60 Posts
Know the feeling. . what size of tires are you running if the po has a 3 inch Bl I bet you are running 33's I don't know if they will fit with out the 3 inches. Water Dog is my go to guy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Know the feeling. . what size of tires are you running if the po has a 3 inch Bl I bet you are running 33's I don't know if they will fit with out the 3 inches. Water Dog is my go to guy.
they are 31's but I'm guessing he had 33's and swapped them before he listed it for sale.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts